Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Researching my Dad

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by Mgore, May 20, 2019.

1. Mgore

Mgore New Member

Hello,
    New recruit here! My Dad, Edwin G Brosemann served in Co A (Able?) 141st Inf 36th Div in World War II from 1943 - 1945. After trying for years I have finally located this info. I know he was in France and Rhineland but no idea of how long or if there are any muster rolls showing the movements? If anyone knows any pages I can research or if this info exists online? Or maybe someone I can reach out to for info, I am very appreciative!

2. lwd

lwd Ace

Welcome.
    This thread:
    http://www.ww2f.com/threads/requesting-copies-of-military-personnel-records.13543/
    Has some info on applying for official information and that sub forum has a number of threads that may be of use. A request with nationality and unit info in the title on the information request sub forum usually gets a pretty quick response although there's usually a decent one here as well from some of the people who frequent this forum and are knowledgeable and helpful in such things. You might also want to use the search area above with "36th Div" or variants there of, some info may already be here at least of a general nature.

*** edit for ***
    Here's the info request sub forum:
    Information Requests

3. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Found his draft registration. Not much help, but interesting nonetheless.
    Fold3_Page_1_Selective_Service_Registration_Cards_World_War_II_Multiple_Registrations(6).jpg

I would follow lwd's suggestions. They may help you.

4. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome to the forums!

5. Mgore

Mgore New Member

Thank you all for your help. I will search for 36th Div... Lou, I love seeing his draft card, thank you.