Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Retired Col. James B. Morehead, 94, became one of the country's most highly decorated fighter aces.

Discussion in 'WWII Obituaries' started by sniper1946, Jan 20, 2011.

1. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

A hard-scrabble childhood in Depression-era Oklahoma steeled the young Jim Morehead for even rougher days ahead in dogfights with Japanese and Nazi pilots in World War II.

Retired Col. James B. Morehead, 94, became one of the country's most highly decorated fighter aces, winning two Distinguished Service Crosses, a Silver Star and 16 other air medals.

Read full story..
    Petaluma honors WWII 'ace' | Petaluma360

2. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

EDIT: Let me change this to:

Interesting story Colonel !

3. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

From what I can see, the colonel hasn't passed away yet. Am I missing something, or is this just posted in the wrong forum by mistake? It a good read anyway.

For those interested in the colonel's story, he has a book titled "In My Sights", which I read a few months ago. It's a good account of pacific air combat.

4. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

EDIT !!

I got ahead of myself and clicked back on the wrong thread?? Is there a 'red-faced' emotion-con?

5. Victor Gomez

Victor Gomez Ace

All I can say is WOW at the service some Americans have performed for their country. And I also have respect for those who experienced the days of the Great Depression before their service to our country.