Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Robert George Wallace

Discussion in 'WWII Obituaries' started by bigfun, May 4, 2015.

1. bigfun

bigfun Ace

A good friend of mine has passed away recently, below is his obit. I have known this man since I was a young boy, but only learned of his WWII service aboard USS North Carolina in the Pacific Theatre. Unfortunately I was unable to speak with him in depth about his service. I hope to learn more about him from his family and wife in the coming months.
    Rest in peace Mr. Wallace.

[SIZE=16pt]LAKE ZURICH - Memorial visitation for Robert George Wallace, 91, begins Saturday, May 2, 2015 at 3:00 p.m. and the memorial service at 5:00 p.m. at Harvest Bible Chapel, 255 N. Quentin Road, Lake Zurich, IL, 60047. Robert was born August 10, 1923 in Chicago, and he entered Heaven Saturday, April 25, 2015. Bob was a U.S. Navy Veteran having served during WWII on the U.S.S. North Carolina for 5 years; his lifelong vocation was working for the family business at Economy Printers Products of Chicago, and he later retired from Tompkins Printing Company. He was a charter member of the church that is now Harvest Bible Chapel in Lake Zurich. Bob's life purpose was to glorify God. Beloved husband of Lucille S. Wallace (nee Sussland); loving father of Nancy (Paul) Dauenbaugh, David (Claudia) Wallace, Diane (Ryan) Heybeck, Kathy (Joe) Ours and Joanne (Billy) Kedge; loving grandfather of 15; loving great-grandfather of 25; dear son of the late Robert and Elinor (nee Kresin) Wallace; dear brother of the late Donald and James Wallace. [/SIZE]

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

May he rest in peace :poppy:

3. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Be at peace, Mr. Wallace. Thank you for your service. :S!

Several years ago, I was in Wilmington, NC and had the pleasure of touring the USS North Carolina. If you have the opportunity, it's well worth it.