Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Round 1 Map vs. Tomcat

Discussion in 'Combat Mission' started by Mussolini, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Tomcat was kind enough to playtest my Round1 Map with me.

I decided to play as the Axis, which left Tomcat with the Russians.

[​IMG]

After some bloody fighting 5 turns into the game and numerous routed units, Tomcat decided to save what he could and surrender.

The following screenshots are taken from his surrender:

Note in the first one how many casualties his units had taken:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My left flank had collapsed, much like his left flank (ironic, isn't it?) which great death on both sides. The center was what swung things in my favor, as I routed numerous Russian units (and was lucky enough to have my MG set up the turn before his unit ran into it) which is what forced Tomcat into Surrender.

All in all, a good map I believe.

Tomcat, would love to hear your take on things and any comments on how to improve this little battle in the woods!

2. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

My simple AAR on this. It was a military shambles from the high command all the way down to squad level. lol.

I continued to lose all my engagements, what seemed like I was facing superior forces in every engagement, I was lucky that I got that flamethrower before it tore my morale apart though.

I knew I had broken through the left but even had I been able to reform what was left, there was no way I was going to take that hill without exposing my flanks.

I think the basic staretegy for that level is, get to the centre hill first. lol
    Overall, a good map, lots of close combat and heavy fighting where one wrong move, or even simply placing a move marker a few spaces too far forward ending in the entire squad being destroyed our routed, leaving a big hole in the line.

Improvments? One more platoon I think. Other then that I think it was good.