Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Russian Navy "On Verge of Collapse"

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by GRW, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Takao

Takao Ace

I believe the term is reverse engineering...and the Russians don't even come close to the Chinese.

2. ozjohn39

ozjohn39 Member

The Chinese get the POTUS to sell it to them!

3. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Interesting that the Russians at the moment consider cutting the budget heavily due to the low oil price. The budget will be based on , was it 25 dollars a barrel or something like that next, and due to the economy sinking it might be there well be no football WC in Russia in two years... wonder if they can put much money on new weapons but then again, the USSR did even if everything else failed.

4. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

Oh ok. Got it.

5. Tamino

Tamino Doc - The Deplorable

Apparently, this and several related treads have similar background – a plan to complete creation of unilateral world under hegemony of the USA. But the job is far from complete: the "rotten edifice" doesn't crumble spontaneously. It is true, Europe and many other countries are practically under the US jurisdiction and governments execute the US decisions. The largest country, Russia, and the most populated country, China, aren't enthralled yet.

Now, several hypothetic questions; even if both Chinese and Russian “navies collapse”, what then? What is the benefit for the rest of the world? What is the benefit of American hegemony in general?

6. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Predictability and stability

7. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

I don´t know about all European countries but Finland and Sweden seem to be saying No to Nato. At least most of the Finns refuse the idea, then again any new YYA (Agreement of Friendship, Cooperation, and Mutual Assistance with the USSR since 1948 ) deal with Russia would not be welcomed either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finno-Soviet_Treaty_of_1948

Just recently North Korea announced they have a hydrogen bomb and they can use it?! For what? and who would stop them from using it? Putin and the Soviet Navy or are they busy taking hold of the Mediterranean and Atlantic? China? UN? Come on help me here Tamino! Is Putin at all concerned if China is using North Korea to have a swipe at the Soviet navy?

8. Tamino

Great questions Kai!

I think we both have (dis)advantage of being from small countries and therefore have capabilities to see "greater" nations more clearly, with a trace of anxiety. I also wonder whether increase of tensions contribute to "predictability and stability". Is this generation jeopardizing what was once a great achievement of Reagan and Gorbachev?

If a dictatorship is a danger for freedom in individual countries then hegemony must be even greater peril for global peace and just relationships among countries.

I am sure that America is a benevolent society but I am also concerned what could have happened if such a great power derails, with no opposition.

Personally, I would like to see ALL the navies on the verge on collapse. That's my personal view on the subject.

9. Karjala

Karjala Don Quijote

For the time being. In Sweden the situation is already almost even. In Finland people seem to be more illusional - perhaps due to decades of soviet butt-licking and as a concequence "compulsary" NATO demonizing - but the support has grown even here. Supporting NATO membership publicly is no longer a political suicide.

10. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Talk about wrecking economies.

11. ozjohn39

ozjohn39 Member

Tamino,

"Personally, I would like to see ALL the navies on the verge on collapse. That's my personal view on the subject."

The Spanish Armada!

The Battle of Trafalgar.

Coral Sea and Midway. (All the Pacific War actually)

Salamis!

Etc Etc etc etc.

John

12. lwd

lwd Ace

I don't see any real "unknown" technology. US cruse missiles have listed ranges over 900 miles and have been used off of planes as well as ships and subs. LCS is still underdevelopment and could easily be fitted with box launchers if desired. Indeed US frigates have been outfitted with missiles in the same weight range as Tomahawk however the mission of the LCS and Frigates for that matter is not such that they were armed with them in US service. Furthermore Tomahawk is a 1970s missile so no new technology there at all.

As for whether or not some of the Russian missiles hit Iran rather than Syria. I've seen the Russian denials but they have a track record for reliability that is abysmal. I'll go with the Pentagon info especially as there are reports of them actually hitting Iran in spite of the Iranian denials.

Where did you get the info on when the US radars detected them by the way? Not that it would be all that unexpected as I doubt there are many if any US radars that regularly cover the Caspian Sea and low flying cruise missiles are not particularly easy to pick up in any case especially over rough terrain.

13. lwd

lwd Ace

That would certainly open things back up again for the pirates wouldn't it.

14. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Aaaaarrrgh!

15. Takao

Takao Ace

No, no...That's a Philadelphia Eagles fan.

Pirates go ARRRR!

16. Tamino

Indeed, but compared to the present days navies, pirates appear to be so cute and so helpless:

[​IMG]

17. Takao

Takao Ace

I don't remember Cap'n Jack toting around an AK-47 or an RPG...
    [​IMG]

18. Tamino

Takao. :eek: The these guys are so ugly that they had to hide their faces with rags. Their navy also deserves to be on the verge of collapse. My pirates are much prettier... and cute, you have to admit.

19. Takao

Takao Ace

Well...You see, no one would surrender to the Dread Pirate Westley.

20. Tamino

I see your point and both you and lwd are right on this subject - Piracy has to be stopped.

Therefore I wish swift recovery of the Russian navy to oppose international pirate attacks of all kinds, if the Russian navy is on the verge of collapse at all.