Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Saints and Soldiers, Airborne Creed. 2012 film

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by belasar, Sep 3, 2020.

1. belasar

belasar Court Jester

I watched this movie today on a free streaming service, a kind of poor man's version of Band of Brothers set during the invasion of southern France. While shot with largely unknown actors and on a limited budget it is a surprisingly and refreshingly good film, Acting is generally good, characters are nuanced, the equipment and vehicles seem period correct and it cinematography is first rate.

Basically it is about the confluence of three American paratroopers, a small group of French partisans and a war weary German officer. They all have a personal connection to one another but do not realize it, The German officer oversees the execution of two French men suspected of partisan activity, the G.I.'s find a young French girl (daughter and brother of the executed men) and then they ambush some Germans who include the officer.

There are some religious overtones, but it isn't too preachy and both sides seem both human and real world in that they do and endure hard things yet not cartoonish cutouts of good vs evil. It might not be a film you must have in your personal collection, yet I have no problem recommending it for a casual viewing, especially since it can be seen on a free streaming app. Note according to wiki this is a sequel to a even better film so I hope to view it soon.

Saints_and_Soldiers_-_Airborne_Creed.jpg

2. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Have you caught up with "Danger Close" yet?

3. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Not yet, is it worth a look?

4. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Haha...shit yeah! Vietnam from the Australian point of view...different if nothing else.