Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Schnellboot-Abszeichen 1943-45

Discussion in 'Atlantic Naval Conflict' started by Erich, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Hallo leute !

Ok guys I am looking for the firms that produced the 2nd pattern S-boot badge. Can anyone name them please ?

vielen Dank

:D E

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Heres my attempt at naming some.

Dreschler and Sohn.
    Schwerin.
    DRGM (?) I think.
    F.O for Friedrich Orth but im not postiive that made the badge--but I think so.
    Souval.

Hope this leads you in the right direction. :D

3. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Thank you my friend ! that is a good start. Would your buds at Wehrmacht-awards site know a few more possibly ? Trying to get a grasp of what might be out there as the idea of purchasing an original award has crossed my mind again.......

Danke ;)

E

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Just remind me and I will ask them there tomorrow morning (after I check Detlevs militaria update--that is) ;)

Actually--there were some 170++++ firms making medals for Germany--most in Germany (of course) many in Austria, and a few 2-3 in fraince.

Of the 170 or so, I know there were alot more than the few I mentioned. Possibly OSANG of Dresden? most likely F.W. and also Assmann and C.E.Juncker. I would bet that C.E.Juncker did make them--they made most or everything and are alos VERY high in quality (like Assmann and OSANG) and are the most collected/or sought after by collectors. I dont own any from them ---yet, but will someday. For now though--I dont care who is the maker of the badge I go for. Im a collector--but not an advanced collector--due to lack of funds. :mad:

[ 11 April 2002, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: C.Evans ]

5. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Thanks Carl ! please send a note to the chaps at wehrmacht-awards. I will be interested to see a detailed list in addiiton to the ones you have already listed if at all possible.

cheers und biers !

E

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thats definately the place to get it at. I was there earlier and forgot to ask.

Also, check out my Sergeant Steiner James Coburn in Cross of Iron) Avatar pic next to my postings--cool eh? :D

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Forgot to mention--now that im getting a healthier tax return--way more than I thought, well--lets just say that a few more photos will be bought along with (Hopefully) a very nice 12 place Imperial German Ribbon bar. :D