Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Screenshots!

Discussion in 'PC and Console Simulations' started by Mussolini, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

I see your Empire TW and raise you to Shogun 2: Total War: Darthmod!

First image is the very start of a new campaign. Unseen areas of the map are like a hand drawn map - once you reveal more you see locations, troops, and cities. etc.

The second picture is from my first battle - in the fog! A new feature of Darthmod as I don't recall ever fighting a battle in the fog before in Shogun 2.

2. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

Nah Matt,

EMPIRE TOTAL WAR, is so much better!!!!

[​IMG]

The might of the British army attempting to capture a Mughal city. The British were the victors and this was the beginning of the end of the war in India.

[​IMG]

One of 4 Scottish regiments in the British army at the time.

[​IMG]

The Battle for the capital of the last great nation in India before total occupation by the British forces. The destruction of this wall caused the retreat from the wall by the defenders and thus concentrating around the two breaches that occurred. There stout defense ended with the attacking mostly new British force being decimated and eventually retreating. Funny enough a more experienced force consisting of line infantry from the British mainland and Grenadiers took the city with minimal force as the defenders went on the offensive. This final action ended in total victory in India for the British forces.

[​IMG]

British garrison forces in North American defending against an organised rebellion of Indian forces that were double the size of the defending forces. The defending troops defended bravely and ended up surviving against 5 consecutive attacks against them with no rest or regrouping. This seige went one until reinforcements were organised and brought in from Boston, effectively ending the rebellion.

[​IMG]

The final report from the front that ended the Mugal rule over north India, these forces later pushed south for further battles with more natives.

3. Tomcat

A SOLDIERS LIFE!!

British Mainland expeditionary force sent to take Portugal's homeland after entering war on Spain's side.

Artillery Opening barrage.

[​IMG]

Infantry begin skirmishes

[​IMG]

Portuguese forces begin to waver against weight of British troops

[​IMG]

Infantry Charge, victory by the bayonet.

[​IMG]

Infantry hand to hand combat
    [​IMG]

Final Calvary charge to finish of the Portuguese army and claim victory over the battle field.
    [​IMG]

4. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Who is this Tomcat person posting on our forum?

5. Tomcat

Just some random fella who drops in from time to time...

Hufflepuff likes this.
  6. Tomcat

The latest from the front. India is completely under British control as well as much of the America's, Portugal, Spain and all of Northern Africa. At this point the Ottoman empire, historically a supporter of English interests decided to declare war against us and a attempted invasion of British held Africa. This attack was beaten back and the counter attack into Greece and onward to South Europe, eventually pushing through into Minor Asia. This attack came from three fronts. Through south Europe, Across the Egyptian border and from a sea attack from troops from India up the Persian gulf. Their empire is crumbling with only a few small towns under their control. The Mexican nation was created but was only a small side show to the big picture and was quickly dealt with from the experienced British troops Garrisoned in the America's.

[​IMG]

British Grenadiers hold the right flank of British troops against retreating Mexican troops. Most the Mexican infantry came up directly towards this unit with a single calvary unit, with the supporting 2 British infantry units creating squares all forces were beaten back by heavy cannon positioned to the right of the Grenadiers on a small hill firing directly into the flanks of the advancing Mexicans. This battle ended the Mexican as a nation and Britain once again claimed victory.

[​IMG]

British Grenadiers in Turkey engaging to hand to hand combat with Advancing Ottoman troops.

[​IMG]

The last Calvary charge of the battle by British dragoons ended in vicious hand to hand combat with Ottoman infantry. The ottoman infantry held firm for a while and caused significant losses to the dragoons before retreating.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The great Battle for Damascus, Syria. The last true Ottoman Fort and the last great battle, before their capitulation. Most the Ottoman troops were simply garrison troops with no real regular troops save a few regiments of line infantry. A large component of my army was Calvary which made this attack quite limited and the hope was the experienced British troops would out do the large numbered Ottomans, this however became quickly an illusion, as 2 Infantry units on the walls in hand to hand combat were decimated and the last a highly experienced unit of grenadiers consisting of 120men struggled to hold back the close to 1000 ottomans on this one corner.

The British artillery continued to fire unrelenting in their attacks and accuracy, eventually and unexpectedly causing this section of the wall to collapse taking many ottoman troops and the remaining British troops on the wall with them, including all 120 Grenadiers. I was fortunate enough to see it happen and pause the game and get some great shots of the collapse. This single event broke the ottoman defense and the British clawed back victory from the hands of defeat.

[​IMG]

The sheer number of Ottoman troops involved was unbelievable.

[​IMG]

These two shots were taken of two sections of the wall and are of different men, illustrating the sheer numbers of men involved.

[​IMG]

British Grenadiers caught up in the unexpected collapse.

[​IMG]

The aftermath of the collapse. This led to the remaining Ottoman units retreating of the wall, and allowing my Guards Calvary units to charge in and claim Victory. You can see the extreme losses I suffered on not only the ground but also on the unit cards. Each of those infantry units consisted of 300men at the beginning, and the Grenadiers card is no longer available due to their decimation.

7. Bundesluftwaffe

Bundesluftwaffe New Member

Well not very nice graphics, but deep strategy: TOAWIII scenario "Directive 21" which means a monster of 400 turns which models the complete eastern front....

Here is the situation in Dec. 42 AG center - Russian winter offensive. They manage of course to push Germans back but with huge losses. But compared to the real situation I have more reserves. Situation in south and north are stable. Note the 4 mot. regiments (or better Kampfgruppes of Pz. grenadiers) just below Rzhev. These are at maximum supply so should be a good enough fire brigade. If interested in such a hardcore game, refer to Matrixgames. But it is not updated anymore it seems.

View attachment 21916

BTW: I also bought ETW & NTW, but had no time to play. I guess you need a mod for those too, like eg. the total realism mod for RTW. Which is the best mod in your opinion?

Attached Files:

8. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Get the DarthMOD for both ^-^

9. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

that's how it was, wasn't it?? hundreds of dead and wounded on the battlefield??? wish I had more time to play ETW

10. Smiley 2.0

Smiley 2.0 Smiles

I wish I had it :(