Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Second Romanian AAR!

Discussion in 'Hearts of Iron' started by Joe, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Joe

Joe Ace

My last AAR as Romania started by accident due to an outrageous series of events (Germany occupied by France and Poland in 1937), now this one I am going to start myself.

My aims are to become a powerful nation, and be a strong member of either the Allies or Axis, whoever is winning I shall join.

This time I want to be able to invade Italy and Occupy Lybia so I can annex it.

2. Joe

Joe Ace

Germany DOWs me for invading Bulgaria, and Greece DOWs Germany.
    Pity, I wanted to join the axis. Maybe I can salvage peace?

3. Joe

Joe Ace

Scratch it, I thought. I'm starting again.

The Soviet Union DOW'd me and there is no way I can stop them.

4. Joe

Joe Ace

I give upcompletely. Turkey and Yugoslavia DOW'd the UK, and I'm not having British troops on my doorstep.

5. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

I have a file you might be interested. I believe I still have it. Its a save game, and you can load it as any country. I believe it gets rid of all the Guarantee of Independence's and Aggressiveness of the BIG Countries, so the little countries can wage their own private wars.

6. SOAR21

SOAR21 Member

south america is always a good battleground for little countries, unless America is becoming interventionist

7. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

No matter how much I try I cant play as the smaller countries, they bore me. lol.

8. JTF-2

JTF-2 Member

I 2nd that

9. SOAR21

SOAR21 Member

any country with less than 100 IC, and it is a pain...

I like the other extreme. Play USA in 1944 grand campaign...my, my, the navy is beastly...just a lack in ground forces.

10. SOAR21

SOAR21 Member

i do, however, like playing Chile. ur mountains are an automatic advantage over your neighbors

11. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

I tried
    Canada but got bored when my ships met the Kriegsmarine and were all destroyed. I do like the fact that with the smaller nations you have to ration your troops while with the larger ones you can afford to lose troops and even ships.

12. thecableguy

thecableguy Member

I`m currently playing a game as Romania in 1936 campaign. Usually I hit Bulgaria and Hungary as fast as I can so they wont join Axis later and demand territories from me.
    But as Joe said Germany has a nasty habit of declaring war to me, when I DoW Bulgaria and Hungary. What I do is try and get to 200 influence with Germany and then DoW Bulgaria, annex it fast and then just wait for about a year to have my beligerance decreased. After Germany takes Austria in 38, I invade Hungary (if I have 200 influence with Germany) and no one seems to care. Patience is the key when playing as Romania I believe.