Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Secret German bomb

Discussion in 'Wonder Weapons' started by Riter, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Riter

Riter Well-Known Member

SS man invalidated from front line service thanks to frostbite was now working as a switchboard operator. He connected Goring to Hitler. This is what he told his family.

"Goring asked the Fuhrer for permission to use three special bombs but he refused. "If I use them in the east they w ill get us from the west," said the Fuhrer.

Dirty bomb? I know the Nazis were far away from splitting the atom. From D-Day Through German Eyes Book 2 the last interviewee talked about thermobaric bombs which they almost used in Normandy but an allied artillery strike luckily knocked it out. What sort of secret weapon was Goring speaking of?

It's from Fur Volk and Fuhrer by Erwin Bartmann.

PzJgr likes this.
  2. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

I just read that book and was thinking about posing the question here. Towards the end didn't he find out that they indeed had 5 of these bombs? There were terms that I have never encountered such as the Seydlitz truppen. I researched it and there was such a group. Interesting that I have never heard of them before.

3. Riter

Riter Well-Known Member

There is a note on page 231 that where another 1LAH told him there were nine but as to the type it remains unknown.

4. Riter

Riter Well-Known Member

BTW, I've heard of Seydlitz troopers before and am curious as to what happened to them post-war . German Democratic Republic (East Germany) as citizens or gulag?

5. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Gas bomb? Hitler has sarin etc nerve gas but refused to use them.

6. williamjpellas2

williamjpellas2 New Member

There has been a major development in WWII historiography in the past 5 years, a development which was itself nearly 10 years in the making. It has direct bearing on your question here. I will ask how it is you know that "the Nazis were far away from splitting the atom". The first number given here for the "special bombs" --- 3 --- occurs in several other sources, btw, including something that Mussolini said shortly before he was executed.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
  7. williamjpellas2

I just read that book and was thinking about posing the question here. Towards the end didn't he find out that they indeed had 5 of these bombs? There were terms that I have never encountered such as the Seydlitz truppen. I researched it and there was such a group. Interesting that I have never heard of them before.

Yes. It's almost as if there are still certain specific aspects of the history of the Second World War which remain almost completely unknown to researchers and students of the conflict even now, going on a century later. This is in contrast to the assertions of certain other individuals whom I have encountered elsewhere in cyberspace, some of whom evidently and unfortunately also congregate here.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
  8. R Leonard

R Leonard Member

Interesting, two posts and you feel it necessary to cast about innuendo.

Well, if you don't like the folks here, no doubt because you believe they won't subscribe to your world view, then you didn't have to join and now that you have, you do not have to hang around . . . your call.

9. williamjpellas2

There was no innuendo. I am referring to a specific interaction I have had in the past on another site. I will not be having that or any similar interaction here or anywhere else. I am here specifically for this thread. Thanks.

10. R Leonard

R Leonard Member

"This is in contrast to the assertions of certain other individuals whom I have encountered elsewhere in cyberspace, some of whom evidently and unfortunately also congregate here."

Guess you can't remember or can't read what you wrote.