Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Seeking help

Discussion in 'Italy, Sicily & Greece' started by crosbygirl, Jul 19, 2012.

1. crosbygirl

crosbygirl Member

I am currently collating a book of Memoirs written by Veterans who took part in this particular theatre of war during WWII. I have been approached by a veteran who is looking for someone whom he met whilst he was in Italy during 1944. However there is a little confusion about timings and places and I am hoping that someone might be able to shed some light.My Veteran took part in the Anzio landings and was, at some stage, up near Milan during 1944 (?) during which time my Veterans suggests that he met two Italian Partisans (possibly) and they took him to meet two English soldiers, who were escapees and who were working with the Partisans. My Veterans is saying that he met these men in an area named Potsa or Potso (Pozza) up near Milan but despite scouring maps of the area I can find no mention of this town/village.It has been mentioned to me that I really need to communicate with a member of either the 1st-5th and 56th Divisions plus 46th RTR who were also at the Anzio Landings and the subsequent breakout battles to see if they can recall the area/dates/timings etc:I would be most grateful for any help, as would my Veteran, as he is keen for me to re-post an appeal for one of the gentllemen he met at this time (other gentleman is now deceased) or a member of his family.Many thanksAnn

Johnesgef likes this.
  2. lwd

lwd Ace

Using google map I turned up an area with that name but it's near Modena rather than Milan. Looking at the map Modena could be on the way to Milan from Anzio.

3. crosbygirl

crosbygirl Member

Hi lwd,Thank you for your most helpful suggestion. I will certainly take a look at that and put that route to the Veteran concerned and see what his comments are.Best wishesAnn