Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Seeking Information - Commemorative D Day Events 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Herman90, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Herman90

Herman90 New Member

Is anyone aware of any 2019 commemorative events in the UK, Normandy or further afield in Europe that will mark the 75th anniversary of the D Day Landings and the subsequent progress of the invasion? I'd like to plan an itinerary for my June visit to Western Europe next year. I'm also intending to visit significant locations in the uk connected with the planning and preparations for the Operation.

I've seen the Daks over Normandy post here on the forum. I will be following with interest and in fact intend to attend, probably both at Duxford and in Caen. Google brings up an overwhelming plethora of references but what i'm hoping for are a few personal recommendations from forum members of events that are essential "must sees" for a newbie! Anything from re-enactments or displays at battlefields, museums and cemeteries through to solemn faith services at places of worship. I would be most grateful of any useful pointers. Thank you.

2. jagdpanther44

jagdpanther44 Battlefield wanderer

3. Herman90

Herman90 New Member

Hi John,

Thank you for the information. If I find anything of interest i'll share with you. Who knows, we may even bump into each other in Normandy next year!

Kind regards,

Peter