Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Sem infos fur sie Erich B.

Discussion in 'WWII Today' started by C.Evans, Dec 29, 2001.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

On amazon.com they have Otto Giese's book available. It is now out of print but there are limited copies available.

Info for you on new book about Wolfgang Luth. It is called: "Uboat Ace: The Story of Wolfgang Luth" by: Jordan Vause. it is being sold at Amazon for $13.56, which is a bit cheaper than Barnes and Nobles has it for sale at.

Thought you might wanna know.
    :D

2. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Vielen dank Carl !

I'll check, though Amazon has given me real problems in the past. Ordered a book 2 years ago and found that they had not updated their pages and the book was long gone........then it was real fun trying to get my monies back, though I did.
    Did find a spot called Blitz books out of Indiana that is carrying otto Giese's work. So much stuff out there ans so little monies. Just found something very interesting stuck in my Kriegsmarine files that I have not seen in 3 years. August 1943 volume of Kriegsmarine, HEFT 16 " Schnellboot auf Feindfahrt " the whole issue is covered on the Schnellboote and it's crews. All in Deutsch of course and is it ever good. wish the text and pics weren't so brown tinged but that's what ya get for 58 years of age. Some very nice portrait shots of the RK winners and some neat stories. I'll see if I can make a copy of everything in the next weeks for U. The small magazine/newspaper is around 9 1/2 by 13 inches and this newpaper is extremely hard to find. Forgot actually what I paid for this but it is probably worth over $100.00 US now.......

:eek: E

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Very cool and welcome, hope you can get a copy of Ottos book. By the way, if you ever write to the uboat archiv in Altenbruch for copies of photos. All the negatives they have on anything to do with U 181 and Herr Giese, were ones that were taken by Otto Giese.

Copies of that Schnellboot info will be very nice--have you seen a photo of Oberleutnant zur See Klaus Feldt in it by any chance?

I cant wait till otto gets that RKT photo collection published here on the site--I have two excellent photos of Herr Feldt which in total cost me about $145.00 for both. The expensive one is the Kriegsmarine Propaganda Kompanie Press Photo of him as an Oberleutnant recieveing his Kights Cross by Grossadmiral Erich Raeders own hands. Also a great photo showing several badges on both his and the admirals tunics.

Let me know more on this book and what it contains when you can. Im VERY interested in this.

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Ok, this is the montly magazine/newspaper that all Kriegsmarine personell where able to have. Not a book buy about 16 pages of text and b/w pics. Outstanding and goodies that I have not seen elsewhere. On the first page it shows portrait shots of 14 KC holders and Kapitänleutant Klaus Feldt is amonst them. Photo taken of him looking to the left slightly off-center from the chest up and no service cap being worn. PK-Aufn. Marine Kriegsberichter Augst. OKM photo as they all are with different photographers last names included.
    The pic caption boats and crews on the ready during 1943 and earlier. From being on the small craft to back at base and hearing the latest from base kommandeurs. many shots of the crew at action stations, laying mines, 2 pages covering an Ostsee boat during it's defence against a Russian dive bomber, attending wounded, 2 pages covering the Sicilian campaign boats, a single page covering 2 DK holders, both Obermaschinist's, other pages of tid-bits and Schnellboote im Baü--boats being built and tested out. Last page is the Das Schnellboot Lied with a couple of drawings.
    Oh, if I could find some more of these little gems I would be so happy..... :D :D

Man, the Feldt pics seem pretty expensive but so worth it. Is the chap still alive ?

Erich

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

AHHHHH, it sounds like you have a copy of Das Kriegsmarine! I had a copy that had info on Erich Topp, Peter Erich Kremer and a few others in it. I gave it to my friend and U 181 vet, Karl Kaiser along with some other things some months ago. If you can make copies of the RKT photos on photo paper--if they look good enough to try it, that is, please let me know if youn can, and ill repay you fro the RKT photos. Im especially interested in another Feldt photo.

Also, and sadly, Klaus Feldt died some several or so years ago. I have an address somewhere to the Schnellboot vets org, but its been months since I last saw it and is probably lost. Anyway, the person who is in charge of the vets ord was good friends with Feldt.

Yep, I thought it was worth it to get a quality photo such as that one of Feldt--I can hardly wait to see reaction to the RKT photos here as soon as Otto gets them up and running. I would love feedback.

6. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Carl, I will do my best and see what the locals can do with the portrait shots, and I will have them enlarged since they are small.
    I think you did well with the Feldt pic. If the guys have since passed away I figure the foto is probably worth triple if not quadruple the price.
    i of course and hopefully the rest of the bunch will give U feedback once the pics are up. Otto is going to be busy in 2002 I think.

;) E

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Erich, much appreciated and looking forward to any photos.

Im just drooling with excitement that I hope we will see once the RKT photos and the others--are up for view.

I think too, that in 2002, Otto will be even busier, than in 2001.

I am hoping he isnt running into difficulties in creating the RKT site for these forums. I have heard that photos take up tons of "space" to post on a forum.

8. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Totally agree ! Yes, the pics take up quite a bit of space. We have tried to run a series of 6 MPEG's for our own web-site and man talk about slow loading, so we will have to take these apart one by one and only fit in a couple. We are busy translating 2 books right now for a German and French authors, but we feel we will get some interesting things up soon.

E

9. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Urgggg, rats, I was hoping I was wrong on amounts of space for photos. I suppose a few things will probably HAVE to bite the dust in order for Otto to have a growing photo section. But, lets what he has to say when the time comes.

Yes and please update me on your site when you can.