Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Sex Morality on WWII records

Discussion in 'Military Service Records & Genealogical Research' started by Buten42, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Buten42

Buten42 Member

Going through my brothers service records and came across several entries "Sex Morality" In small print under the heading is "Course completed (see AR40-235) and a date stamped in.
    Just above is another heading "Articles of War" with several dates and someones initials.
    Were classes on Sex Morality required on a regular schedule like the reading of the Articles of War?

I remember we were marched to the theater and shown pretty raunchy films just before a holiday weekend when a lot of the guys were going on leave.

2. KMZgirl

KMZgirl Member

I don't know, but I do remember reading about WWII education or maybe even posters on preventing sexually transmitted diseases.

3. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

Funniest line from the regular Friday safety briefings given before securing for weekend liberty, Company Gunny: "remember gents, if it smells like trout back the f**k out!."

4. USAAFson

USAAFson Member

VD lectures and films were standard fare to scare troops into chastity or at least safe sex. I see some are available on Youtube. A soldier who had the class on his record might be spared having to see the film again.

5. Buten42

Buten42 Member

Thanks. We got the the same routine in the 60's but it didn't seem like it was mandated by an Army Regulation, seemed like it was up to the C.O.

6. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

I would expect that besides information on avoiding STD's there would be a review of what would constitute rape under the articles of war.

7. lwd

lwd Ace

VD was a serious source of "casualties" in WW2. I was rather shocked when I saw the statistics. A quick google may bring them up.

8. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

To reduce the incidence of VD among the GI's stationed at the rubber plantations in Africa, the Army ran a brothel.

9. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

[​IMG]