Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Shell case ww2 identification

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by Fredpw, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Fredpw

Fredpw New Member

Please can anyone help identify these shell cases? We have been told they are WW2.
    After a house fire (they were undamaged) and put into storage by the insurance company but were returned rusty. They were taken back to be restored but cannot be found.
    Any information about them and an indication of value would be appreciated as we need to claim for their replacement value.
    View attachment 25618

2. gtblackwell

gtblackwell Member Emeritus

It is hard to tell without a sense of scale, my first guess is an HE round from a US 75MM M3 cannon. .....most commonly found in the Sherman tank. I am basing that on the proportionally small straight sided case relative to the shell and the fuse on the end.. Please, I am no authority on this so someone else needs to chime in. No idea of value..

Gaines

3. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

37mm empty shell cases. No value at all. They can be found at may garage sales for almost nothing.

4. Fredpw

Fredpw New Member

Thank you both for your help.

5. lwd

lwd Ace

Some providence might give them some historical or sentimental value. By searching online auction or militaria sites you should be able to find a value to submit to the insurance company even if it's pretty low.