Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Show us your militaria...

Discussion in 'Other Militaria' started by Bob Wirtz, Mar 24, 2006.

Tags:
  1. dutchy

dutchy Member

Here is my Heer Hauptmann uniform (Panzergrenadier-Regiment 59)

[​IMG]

krieg likes this.
  2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Excellent Dutchy. Could you teach me a few things about this. How do you recognize it's a Panzergrenadier , what are the decorations and how do you recognize the regiment? The reason I ask this is because I am researching a particular Panzer Grenadier Regiment for a friend whose father served there.

3. dutchy

dutchy Member

Interesting Skipper! This is as far as I know:

When you take a look at the rank at the shoulder you see the number 59
    http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/779/jasje011qj4.jpg

From the links and the former owner it is an early 1940 jacket--> 58 infantry regiment part of the 19th infantry division--> 19th panzer division---> 59 under the 20th panzer division -->schützen ---> panzer regiment 59
    http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/Panzerdivisionen/19PD.htm
    http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/Panzerdivisionen/20PD.htm
    http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/Schutzenregimenter/SR59.htm

Skipper likes this.
  4. krieg

krieg Ace

very nice there dutchy looks really good
    can i have it
    cheers krieg

5. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Rolf Mützelburg . U 203, died by accident on his boat. Knight´s cross with oak leaves.

6. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

good one Kai

heres another S-Boot RK recipient, do any of you know which one ???? this was just sent to me last week .......

[​IMG]

7. pebblemonkey

pebblemonkey Member

Hi All,
    Most of my collection is on my website, i've still got plenty to add.

Matt

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Skipper, Duchy,

Skipper, the two other badges he'd have would be the Iron Cross 1st class, located in the middle (highest loops) of the left pocket. The other badge most likely would be a Bronze Infantry Assault Badge-sometimes that could alse be a War Merit Cross 1st class w/ swords; but in this case, I believe it to be the IAB. The Silver IAB went to regular Inf units.

Duchy, great-looking tunic. You MUST sell it to me sometime ;-D I need something to go with my Artillery Majors tunic.

Skipper likes this.
  9. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Thanks Dutchy and Carl, this helps !

10. dutchy

dutchy Member

Thanks for the info C.Evans! Im still searching for an IAB and a IC1, but the tunic is not for sale;)

11. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

H9i Skipper, Duchy, quite welcome.

Heh heh, Duchy, just kidding on the for sale part ;-)) that one is a keeper for sure. As I only have one tunic, I wouldn't sell mine either. In fact, im trying to build an entire uniform and still need a few items. I still need officers trousers, boots, belt & buckle. I'm still looking to spending around $800.00 to completing mine. After that will be about $200.00 for a nice mannequin (SP?)

12. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Skipper, Duchy,

Duchy, I was just kidding about the for sale part. I too wouldn't sell my one and only tunic. Im still working on completing a complete uniform and I still need officers boots, trousers and belt w/ openclaw buckle-which is about $800.00 worth of stuff.

I have afriend who might be willing to sell you one of his EK1's. Send me a PM and I can tell you how to get in touch with him. I don't know if he has any IABs for sale or not? but he might know someone who is willing to sell one. I have only two silver IABs, and would part with one if it was not maker-marked by my favorite medals maker-which is F.O. for Friedrich Orth of Wein.

Anyway, depending on maker etc, you probably looking at spending on both badges, about $300 to $350.00.

13. S.Vestae

S.Vestae Member

whooo nice jacket Sir ! ;)

Sebastien.

14. 36thva2

36thva2 Member

View attachment 2830
    Hope no one minds me starting this thread back up. These are 2 of my most prized possesions. My grandfathers navy uniform and dogtag and my wifes grandfathers Army uniform and Officers Guide. The Officers Guide was ruined in last years flood, but there is no way we will get rid of it.

I will dig out the firearms later, if anyone is interested in seeing them.

Bill

Attached Files:

15. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi John, sorry I had forgotten about this thread to reply but, thanks for the info on your badges maker. I don't have any badges from this maker but, I like they way they look when I see examples up for sale. Most of my marked items are either Assmann F.O for Friedrich Orth or W.H and or L/3 and L/19 - I forget who those makers are at this time. The L/19 Ek 1 I have is a beaut-and has a been there and done that, look to it. Anyway, L/19's were made with a brass core-and is often referred to as the "Naval" EKs.

When I got this, I also got the Uboat badge that was part of the same grouping that was for sale. The dealer broke up this man's stuff (which pisses me off to no end-when they do that) and had already sold most of the sailors items-all his Docs-his Destroyer badge (apparently his first assignment was on Destroyers) and his cloth German Cross in Gold. I guess whoever bought the Docs and DKiG, ran outta money for the other stuff-and I just happened by and saw these things. I bought five items from that sailors grouping for only $300 bucks!

What I salvaged from further selling off destruction was:

This sailors 1939 EK2, 1939 EK1, Uboat War Badge, private photo of him in uniform and a two place WWII ribbon bar.

16. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Bill, great stuff! Im always interested in seeing more militaria-even if it aint German ;-)) This goes double for seeing any firarms you want to post.

Take care and best regards-Carl.

17. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I wish I could help you with the EK träger Erich, but no clue.

Great uniforms guys!

My latest purchase is a 1943-1945 campaign medal (1991 commemorative I think) It has a B-17 and pilot wings on it and says "European air offensive" on one side and the American eagle and the quote " A GRATEFUL NATION REMEMBERS"

18. 36thva2

36thva2 Member

Thank you Carl. Here are a few of the firearms I have.

Top one is my No1 MKIII This is the one that started it all. Have had it about 20 years. All matching numbers. Fun as heck to shoot.
    2nd 91/30 all matching except for the butt plate.
    3rd VZ24 non matching.
    4th K98 dot 1944 non matching.

None are perfect. I have always prefered the "well used" look.

Bill

View attachment 2842

Attached Files:

19. redfan45

redfan45 Member

all really nice things

20. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Great collection Bill and in very good condition too. The matching doesn't matter to me, if it does match: fine, if not, rather a complete gun than a bit of it.