Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Soviet AAR HOI 3

Discussion in 'Hearts of Iron' started by Tomcat, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

Ok, so since my German AAR came to a non conclusion with the auto update patch and messed my game up, instead of restarting my German game, I decided to take control of Russia.

So, the year is 1936, Russian forces are probably the most numerous force in the world at this point, with a total amount of almost 500,000 men in the whole country, over 80% of these on the Polish and Romania fronts.

The reinforcements needed as excepted are high but manageable and therefore my main focus is these units, and increasing industry capacity.

Research has been completely focused on all 4 infantry technologies and all 4 light tank technologies with the goal of medium tanks. I have also focused my industry tab, on Agricultural for manpower for the up coming war, and both industry capacity and supply increasing overall industry output. The last technologies are both the blitzkrieg tactics in the hope of rushing across Germany when the time comes in superior tank numbers and the tech that lowers down reattaching times after an engagement.

I have already begun to move the entire South Eastern Russian force (which was completely in reserve in the south) northward for the upcoming winter war with Finland, with the overall plan of annexing Finland and opening the door to Norway, Sweden and Denmark, and then a two front war with Germany. The Finnish front at the end will have only a total of 50,000 men all of reserve troops but once the country is mobilized it should jump up to 75%.

The spanish intervention event has happened with Russia sending troops, although this has no real effect on Russia it is good to send them anyway.

Now to prepare infantry, tanks and planes for the upcoming war with Germany probably in 1940.

2. Anderan

Anderan Member

I'd suggest hurrying up with attacking Norway, they have a tendency of joining the allies pretty quickly, even with the new update

3. Tomcat

I have an update and I will update this thread with some screenshots later.

1936 and 1937 went fine with Russia with no abnormal events or wars, the Winter War event is yet to happen, but I am fully ready when it comes, with 300,000 men positioned on the border with Finland, as well as 3 inf and 1 panzer division waiting in leningrad to force a sea landing behind the Finnish southern line.

The year is currently October 1938 and Japan has expanded so much, taking all of china, and pushed almost as far as Singanh (spelling?). They have also began to push into British held India, have taken Vietnam and soon targeting Singapore.

The Japanese have also been accepted into the Allies and due to their alliance ww2 already began in 1937 with the Germans already at war. I do not know what is going on on the western front but I will try to find out, all I know is Poland has not been attacked yet, and no European country has surrendered.

4. Tomcat

Germany has erupted with fury taking Poland in January 1939, we agreed with the halving of Poland with me taking Estonia and Latvia.

However 2 months before the German troops began showing up on my doorstep I noticed that in November 10th 1938 France was almost completely wiped out by Germany with the Germans going straight through the Maginot Line, and only delt with the Low countries late on.

After France in December came Denmark, then a small amphibious attack into Sweden and then a land attack into Norway, all the countries being annexed. The final Scandanavian country was Finland, a country I was trying to wage a war on for some time by neutrality was not allowing me too. Germany forced there way into Finland and by January 1st had gone no where, the Finnish forces had so far been the only country to have stopped the Germans, they were then accepted into the allies, and I could finally attack them, but this meant going to war with the allies and the Axis at the same time.

January 1st 0100 hours Russia devoted the non agression pact with Germany and attacked into Poland with vicious force, as well as into North Japan, which is completely undefended.