Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Spike Milligan

Discussion in 'Celebrities and Entertainment From WWII' started by Cabel1960, Mar 8, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Cabel1960

Cabel1960 recruit

via War44
    I read some years go that when in Afrika Spike was reknown for collecting items from dead Germans and had built up quite a collection especially Knives of which he was more fond of, he was seen carrying this sort of ruck sack around with all his collectables in and was very protective of it. He was injured while in Afrika and was hospitalised for quite a while, he was gob smacked to find out that while he was unconsious his valuables were stolen..

A Great Comedian in my book.. :happy:

2. Dave War44

Dave War44 Member

via War44
    Gotta love Spike.
    One of his quotes:
    :lol:

3. Jim

Jim Active Member

via War44
    Spike Milligan, who can forget him.. Wasn't Stan Laurel mentioned earlier... :silly:

4. Jim

Jim Active Member

via War44
    It was in North Africa, during WWII, as Gunner Milligan, 954024, that Spike first met Harry Secombe. The circumstances of their meeting were only narrowly non-fatal. Milligan's 25-pounder gun jumped out of its placement due to recoil, and ran down the hill narrowly missing another gun unit. Spike went down the hill and asked, "Has anyone seen a gun?" One of the men in the other gun unit said, "What colour?" It was Harry Secombe.

Wiki... :thumb:

5. Dave War44

Dave War44 Member

via War44
    LOL great story, & great British humour :lol:

6. Kelly War44

Kelly War44 New Member

via War44
    The beginning of the Goons? I'd like to think it was the beginning of a lifelong friendship. Two small statements, during a World War and as funny as anything....:thumb: :lol: