Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Spitfire documentary

Discussion in 'Air War in Western Europe 1939 - 1945' started by bigiceman, Sep 23, 2005.

1. bigiceman

bigiceman Member

Attatched is a link to a video on www.military.com to see the video you would have to sign up, which is free.

This video was part of a documentary about the Spitfire. The documentary probably played in Britain as the commentator has a bit of an accent. I doubt that the final commentary was included :eek: :eek: even if the visual bit was. This is hilarious and those of you who are Spitfire fans will love the fly-by. It is well worth the registration process. [​IMG]

Use the link below in Otto's post and you won't have to register.

[ 23. September 2005, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: bigiceman ]

2. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Nice clip ice, I love this one! :D I though I remebered it, so I did a quick search, and it seems that Martin Bull previously posted this clip in this thread here. Thanks for the repost though, this is certainly worth revisiting for those who have not yet seen it!

Here is the non-registration version of the clip:
    http://www.alexisparkinn.com/oh_my_god.htm

3. bigiceman

bigiceman Member

Thanks Otto. I edited my post. There are a lot of other good military posts there at military.com but most don't deal with WWII. I turned a bunch of workers on to the video and they all loved it.

4. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Thanks for bringing that one up again, bigiceman - I'd forgotten about that posting !

The clip has become something of a legend among enthusiasts ; it's one of those he-shouldn't-really-have-done-it-but-it- is -great moments..... :cool:

5. bigiceman

bigiceman Member

Does anyone know where that clip got put in? Was it just a news feature or was it something that went into a documentary? I would love to have a higher quality copy that would stand up to full screen resolutions.

6. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

It was an out-take from a British TV documentary ( couldn't be broadcast for obvious reasons ) - I'm afraid I've no idea where a better copy can be had. If I come across it, I'll let you know.....