Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

SS dagger, what's it worth?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by iopturbo, Mar 27, 2009.

1. iopturbo

iopturbo recruit

I found an SS dagger with belt and scabbard at my grandfathers house. he forgot he had it and doesn't want it any longer. Where do I go about selling it for him? I'll post pics a little later of it.

2. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Hello iopturbo,

you can always try the ebay for the biggest pay, but personally I´d ask about the value first at militariacollecting.com site. Of course do put the pics here,too, as we have members who might be willing to buy it for the correct value as they know these things very well.

3. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Are you going to make any contributions to this forum or is your only goal to get information so you can sell this item and make money with a family relic? Sorry but this is not my cup of tea.

4. iopturbo

iopturbo recruit

You need to realize that this represents some very bad memories for my grandfather, he got this from Dachau. I am keeping everything else but he wants this gone. I have lots of US relics that will never be sold. I would like very much to contribute to this forum, my grandfather was in the 45th division, a Ranger and bronze star recipient.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kai-Petri likes this.
  5. iopturbo

iopturbo recruit

BTW the dagger was manufactured by Boker

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

The belt and buckle alone would be valued around $500.00 USD, I can;t "see" clearly enough the daggers details enough to vehture a guess on it. If origina and im not saying it is not original-your looking at about a $2,500 USD piece.

About 25 years ago, I missed out on a mine chained SS dagger-that was the real deal and being sold by the Vet who brought it back. He was an Infantry Colonel who served in the ETO--came back home and sometime opened a Army/Navy Surplus store-placed it for same at $50.00 had a mints SA dagger at $40 and an Japanese Arisaka Bayonet for $50 Guess which one I bought? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and :rolleyes:

7. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Hi Iopturbo, I didn't mean to be rude, but I actually wanted to test you. Good to know your are legit. The problem we sometimes have here is that we often have little Nazi lovers who exhibit their SS trophees and do nothing else than show swastikas. I hope you didn't mind my little trick :).

As to your dagger, it looks in great condtion and is worth about 1000-2000 € (rough estimate, of course I have not seen the details and I do not pretend to be an expert). The Koppleschloss (buckle) is a good condition one and worth several hundred euros

8. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

I think it is a fair reason as to why you are selling this, and it is good that you are doing this for your grandfather. Out of curiosity what does it say on the dagger blade, and is there anyway you could make the picture clearer?

9. iopturbo

iopturbo recruit

is lakesidetrader.com a reputable company? I've been talking to paul about selling this to him but am kinda nervous about shipping something like this to canada without being paid upfront.

10. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

They are but, they are expensive.

11. johnrr

johnrr recruit

Hey tomcat replying to you... I have the exact same dagger which my dads friends father had pulled off of a dead german in ww2 after he killed him... What the dagger says is alls fut dueschland (spelling might be a little off) and it means all for germany. Hope this helps ya....

Tomcat likes this.
  12. will382

will382 Member

This one appears to say "Meine Ehre heißt Treue" which means "My Honour is Loyalty".

Sorry to correct you :p