Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Stahl auf der Heide 2014

Discussion in 'Living History' started by Markus Becker, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Markus Becker

Markus Becker Member

Hi,

in case someone is interested, the Munster tank museum's big day is coming. This year they have events on August 16th(Pz.IV, Hummel, Sturmtiger and the Hetzer are open to the public) and the Big Day on September 7th.

http://www.panzermuseum-munster.de/index.php?id=100 (I think they have it in English too, but one recognizes the tanks anyway.)

And the fixed some problems from last year. More exits and entrys, more space, including parking space, more vendors who sell food and drink and stands so everybody can see the running vehicles and easily take pics.

pistol and Skipper like this.
  2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

That sounds really tempting. After all I'm only a few hours away.

3. Markus Becker

Markus Becker Member

This shapes up to be an inter forum get together: guys from militaryhistoryonline want to come too, some from tank-net live not too far away.

Last year was memorable. They expected 5k visitors, prepared for 7k and got 15k. Facilities of all sorts were struggling with the masses: the only food you could get in a reasonable time was pea soup for example. When I took my nephew and his friend to Munster last months, the museum staff told me they'd fixed that and lots of other things.