Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Standard Russian Uniform

Discussion in 'Russian WWII Uniforms and Equipment' started by Jim, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Jim

Jim Active Member

via War44
    Standard issue wear for Soviet tank crews at Kursk was the slate-grey or black coverall as seen in Figure 1. 2. The Red Army employed many women in combat roles such as this sniper in camouflage coverall and equipped with a mosin 1891 rifle. The lieutenant of the Rifle Forces in Figure 3 illustrates the January 1943 uniform changes which saw the introduction of Tsarist- style rank insignia and new "gyminastiorka" or blouse with stand-up collar and shoulder boards.

[​IMG]

2. steve_72

steve_72 New Member

via War44
    WW.2 Russian Tank Uniform

Hi, I can't see any pics but I actually have a WW.2 tank crew coverall, in dark slate grey with insignia on the collars, complete with the soft hat and dated 1942 gloves. Does anyone on here collect Russian uniforms etc and could give me an idea on values?? I also have other WW.2 Russian uniforms etc. Cheers

3. Jim

Jim Active Member

via War44
    Hello Steve, i used to visit exhibitions and sales of militaria where Russian clothing were always in abundance, the charges were dependent of its condition. I can't give you a price but sadly Russian clothing is always the lowest price regarding clothing from other countries, probably because of the abundace ..

Good luck with your sale ... :thumb:

Ps, will re-upload the image shortly ...

4. brainhunter

brainhunter Dishonorably Discharged

via War44