Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Tank building project what's up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prospero Quevedo, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Prospero Quevedo

Prospero Quevedo Well-Known Member

wonder how that tank project is going haven't seen an update in a long time. Still trying to get my nephew to build a plywood mini tank for the boys. I think it would be great. We watched that YouTube vid where some guy curl and Abrams for his two boys looked great. I'm thinking m18 I think the open top will be simpler and maybe a m8or m20 for Aria.

2. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Personally I think the building of tanks and big war ships must be considered. If missiles can hit and sink ships and a two-man crew can destroy or mark with laser tanks for air-to-land missiles it is questionable what you build?? Just my View.

3. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

The Exocet (French pronunciation: [ɛɡzɔsɛ]) is a French-built anti-ship missile whose various versions can be launched from surface vessels, submarines, helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft. The Exocet saw its first wartime launch during the Falklands War.

No use in big waships?or massive number of tanks?

Have nice day!

4. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Russians?

5. Prospero Quevedo

Prospero Quevedo Well-Known Member

Well tanks have dominated the battlefields for decades and so methods to kill them have always been a major priority of armies all over the world. I have to say the Russians have been in the forefront developing those RPGs capable of taking out main battle tanks and so cheap to make. They say the latest RPGs is able to knock out our Abrams a multi million dollar tank and the RPG costs 300 to produce. They say these inexpensive weapons capable of knocking out multi million dollar tanks is making countries look at other types of cheaper weapon systems as they can buy more and not lose so much of their defense dollars in one vehicle. Maybe they'll just go more to armored light vehicles able to survive light arms fire and light cannons. However the US has been working on a plasma shield generator and that rocket middle defense system the laser defense system has been showing great promise but as always weapon systems eventually surpass defense it's why weapons are always being developed and improved and new projects are always created. The plasma generator they say is promising but still in its infancy but who knows what they'll developed in ten years or so. They say they can creat a barrier but only in small areas at a time a tracking computer system is needed to project the shield in the path of the incoming rocket or missile. Maybe in ten or twenty years they figure out how they can effectively project a complete barrier, Star Trek here we come, wonder if their working on plans for a space dock and a starship although practical science says it would like more like halo starships than Star Trek. More bulky more like floating buildings than having any need for aerodynamic grace other than for looks. Who knows some day even the cannon may become obsolete with advances in rail gun technology, lasers and particle accelerators that they say they have built portable accelerators but that there effectiveness is not what they'd like as yet. They say we've had most of the technology to build a starship but haven't had the technology advanced enough to build a practical ship but advances keep coming and who knows. Although I reall think building a starship on earth like in the new Star Trek seems complicated. For decades they have said it would be more practical to build it in space. Lifters that could take you up to a space station has been a scifi dream for decades now. But now they say we can actually build such a thing. They have been working on designs for a tether lift for the ISS for years now. Funding is one of the major issues right now. Like what would happen to all the space companies that depend on the resupply contracts for the ISS. Would they fold up. A friend of mine told me when nasa shut down the shuttle projects and did no further work on new craft most of the towns in Florida near the launch center became instant ghost towns for years as most people left the state. Here in California when the military reduced orders or at least strung out the orders to fewer units per year some towns here went belly up. A boom for investors who bought up houses that were selling for hundreds of thousands suddenly losing half or more of there value. During housing crashes we've had towns that have lost up to 70 percent of their value. Some just abandoned their homes some filed bankruptcy others sold for a loss others held on renting out as funny rental prices dipped but rent never seemed to drop nearly as much as the property value which pissed me off my stupid storage raised my fee I wanted to tell them they should lower it since commercial prices had dropped so much, instead I got rid of slot of stuff and the storage my idiot ex was the reason for it told her storage was stupid paying for stuff that over one year we could have just bought new cheaper. I think storage is really just a waste why I built storage sheds, used the open loft spaces in the garage for loft storage built high shelf storage in the garage so we could still park in the garage if we wanted. Lol built lots of shelving over the years. Even lift storage in our shed, told my dad I wanted to get the barn roof type but he didn't want to spend the extra money it would have been a few hundred more but more than double the loft space, would have made the shed a few feet taller but I think it would have been no biggy. My sister needs to go thru her stuff and get rid of tons of stuff I can't believe how much she has in storage she had boxes of clothes shoes that sat in there for years and old books stupid romance novels. Made a few donations did the same with most of the stuff my ex left behind, clothing to the Salvation Army and books to the public library. I figured they might raise money selling her stupid romance novels too. Plus s bunch of my old scifi novels I think they said they sold old paper back novels for like fifty cents. Anyway I hope they helped improve the local community. I always like to try to help the local community when I can like when they had their electronics drives I used to always have bunches of old tv and computer parts and donate them to the city drive.