Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

TD-Tommy776 - Eisenhower Presidential Library - Abilene, Kansas, USA

Discussion in 'WW2 Forums/Forces Postal Service' started by Otto, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Username: TD-Tommy776
    Postmark: 31 March 2017
    From: Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library, Museum and Boyhood Home, Abilene, Kansas, USA

Another very nice submission from TD-Tommy776, reporting in from the Eisenhower Presidential Library. Ike and Patton take in a football/soccer game sitting among a cluster of Airborne troops. A very intense looking Tech Corporal sitting up front.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Remember to check the WW2 Forums/Forces Postal Service Map for a look at our growing list of all WW2F/FPS submissions.

Slipdigit, KJ Jr and lwd like this.
  2. Owen

Owen O

Tech Corp getting irate with the photographer for spoiling his view of the game.
    The next photo on the roll of film is the sky. :)

A-58 and TD-Tommy776 like this.
  3. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

I was going to pick out a mundane postcard showing the grounds of the EPL & Museum. Then I spotted this one and immediately imagined Patton telling Ike a particularly bawdy and hilarious joke. The Paratrooper just over Ike's left shoulder is telling the joke to his buddy behind him -- or so I imagine. A wonderful photo.

I spent 4 lovely, overcast and rainy days in Abilene at the end of March. Nothing like going through box after box of US Army Unit Records from WWII to pass the time. It seemed like a lot more work than when I was there about 5 years ago.

Slipdigit and Otto like this.