Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Tha Nagasaki Atomic Bomb.........

Discussion in 'Atomic Bombs In the Pacific' started by C.Evans, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Knight I think this was the only useage by US at night in the ETO. Not sure about night P-61's in the Pacific which I know practically 0 about.

Incidently I just viewed an ugly clip 1 hour ago of a nasty US fire bomb that maybe used on the Iraqi ground troops. Destruction/swath cut into a 300 yard by 300 yard area. It appears this may have a similaiar characteristic of the older naphlam, but they did not say what the properties were of this beast.

2. Doc Raider

Doc Raider Member

We used plenty of white phosperous in both theaters as well, although most of what I've heard of its usage in the ETO was the hedgerows of the normandy campaign. Pretty gruesome stuff. I think it was normally shells/grenades, I'm not sure if it was used from the air or not.

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

knight--you ARE a sandwich short of a Picnic.

Please have the thread shut down--ill repost it as another thread which will succeed as long as someone like YOU does NOT make a mountain out of a mole-hill with it like YOU did.

4. Knight Templar

Knight Templar Miserable Cretin

Why you would devote an entire thread to the message written on the atomic bomb is a mystery to me, Carl. Just, what type of conversations are you hoping to generate? Some aspects of WW2 are better left forgotten, and this is one of them.

5. Knight Templar

Erich: I'm going to look into the use of phosphorus or napalm in the Iraq War. These weapons are really criminal.

6. Mahross

Mahross Ace

Sorry but by forgetting these aspect of any war we fall into the trap of repeating them this is why we must learn from history.

7. Knight Templar

Alright.

8. dsdding

dsdding recruit

My husband's dad was 17 when he joined the Marines. Sometimes we forget that the war was fought by some very young guys, but even older men would think to write a message to the enemy. It fits.

9. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Not only young...as you say, older also...it must be remembered that this message was written at a time when the Japanese were truly despised...The japanese treated all non-Japanese as sub human (to varying extents) - Ironically, the word sub-human was placed upon them due to their terrible deeds...im surprised the message was so "clean"...I think Knights umbridge is misplaced...its not his place to be offended...he's judging yesterdays comments by today's (warped) standards...it seems quite a bit of the Pacific conflict has been lost on Knight Templar...The knights Templar would probably understand my words and probably agree with me...imo

10. lwd

lwd Ace

If it hadn't been before my time here I think I would have jumped all over some of those comments as it is given the age and the fact that I haven't seen any of his posts recently I think I'll just let it slide....

Just checked for his latest post. He certainly deserves the sobricae he's got and I'm pretty sure now it's not one he selected. The forum is better for his absence.

11. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I found the one he was banned for. Here it is. Otto got him and I am sure he was the one to alter KT's user title. Accurate, I might add. Undboubtably KT tried to edit some of his posts as he saw the end coming, but since the forum used different forum engine back then, the original posts were lost or incompatible.

12. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Yep. That would do it. ;)

13. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

I made the mistake of reading through a few dozen of his messages. Now I need an aspirin.