Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

The AVRO Arrow movie

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by Moscow, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Moscow

Moscow Member

Low budget and mistakes made with discussing flight (ex plane is spec'd for a "5 to 1 weight to thrust ratio", when it is supposed to be a supersonic plane, lol), but I find it enjoyable. Too, I think few people who weren't alive in the 60's are aware of this fantastic airplane. Dan Aykroyd is in it and it runs nearly 3 hours. There is a rumor, as well, about the fate of 206.

Recently, people have found test models in one of the Great Lakes.

Enjoy:

2. RichTO90

RichTO90 Well-Known Member

I asked my girlfriends stepfather, Peter Cope, if he had seen that movie when I first met him back in 2004, shortly before his death. His reply, as I recall it, was "what a load of awful rubbish! They didn't manage to get one thing right in it from beginning to end other than our reaction to the cancellation." :rolleyes:

3. Moscow

Moscow Member

Rich, I imagine Peter is correct. The movie would probably be classified as "historical fiction." I enjoy the scenes where the engineers are analyzing this and that, and I think the scenes with the Arrow in flight are really good.

Other than Canadian's reactions to the cancellation, I bet the text at the end is accurate. It explains where the engineers ended up, many moved to the USA and worked for NASA.