Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

The Axis at War: A MP AAR

Discussion in 'Hearts of Iron' started by Mussolini, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Quite simple here, really. Me and Joe (Generalissimo) are playing the ICE version of Semper Fi. I am the Italians of course and he is Germany. This won't be a nearly as detailed report, but I can tell you that its 1939 and the World is literally AT WAR (thanks to those damned Germans).

[​IMG]

2. Mark4

Mark4 Ace

Hehehe good luck I wanna see victorys London and Moscow.

3. Mussolini

Part I: Gearing up for World War while At War

First, the Italian Cabinet and Government at the start of 1936. Yours truly likes to be in charge!

[​IMG]

Adolf Hitler really likes this Mussolini guy and quickly entered into a pact with him.

[​IMG]

Italy starts at war with Ethiopia. Il Duce decided to be a little gamey and not finish off the Ethiopians until late 1939 to recieve the benefits of a war economy, and to allow all units involved in the war to gain experience from the occasional assault. Ethiopian Casualties in the war were astronomical, their entire Army and HQ Structure completely wiped out by the fighting.

[​IMG]

Mussolini wanted to expand and reclaim the Roman Empire lands. Libya, an Italian North African Colony, would be a good place to start. Improving the infrastructure along the coast would greatly aid in movement and supply movement.

[​IMG]

Knowing that War in the Deserts of North Africa would be on the horizon in order to accomplish these goals, Mussolini created La Compagnia Auto-Avio-Sahariana.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile, Imperialist Japan waged a successful war in China, soon taking great swathes of China. The Nationalists sued for peace and lined their new border. The Non-Aggression Pact they signed with Japan will not last forever.

[​IMG]

Back in Africa, Mussolini has decided that building roads and railways was only the first step in assimilating Libya. Why not incorporate it as a State of Italy?

[​IMG]

Following Germanys examples, Mussolini was also very active on the Political front. If Germany could diplomatically annex Austria and Czechslovakia, why couldn't Italy annex its long-term neighbor Albania? Luckily, King Zog of Albania also agreed with Mussolinis sentiments.

[​IMG]

Mussolini was not content with just Albania. Yugoslavia still occupied lands that were once Roman. Assembling an modernized force of Alpina Troops in the North, Motorized troops in the middle, and German-loaned Troops in Albania in the South, Mussolini launched an invasion of Yugoslavia!

[​IMG]

Here we can see the German Troops in the East of Yugoslavia, accompanied by Italian Special Forces. In the North of the country, Italian Motorized Troops race for important cities and the capital while pushing back the Yugoslavians. Alpina Troops in the North, backed by Alpine Artillery (special Italian Unit) route Yugoslavian troops that had sought the mountains as refuge.

[​IMG]

After nearly a month of fighting, Yugoslavia surrendered to the Italians on September 1st, 1939.

Viva Italia!

4. Mussolini

Part II: The World At War

Italy, allied with Japan and Germany, the Axis formed. Italy, conquering lands at will. The end of the War with Yugoslavia coincided with the German Invasion of Poland, which brought them into a limited war with the Allies. But for Italy to gain its respect, its Roman lands, it would have to join the fray. The best way to do this was by declaring war on Greece. Experience units from the war in Yugoslavia quickly moved down upon Declaration of War.

[​IMG]

The Global Situation at the time of Declaration. Green denotes Italy, Blue denotes Axis, Red denotes Enemies.

[​IMG]

Sadly, a fire in the Document Archive in Tirana, Albania burned down when Greek forces snuck into the province, destroying all records of the war against Greece. However, between September of 1939 and January of 1940, the Greeks were conquered along with the majority of the Turkish Army and elements of the British Army which had been sent to Greece.

[​IMG]

Speaking of the British, Italian Light Infantry in Libya quickly pushed deep into Egypt over the last few months of 1939. By the beginning of 1940 the lead elements of the Italian African Forces had crossed over the Suez Canal, thanks in large part to an Italian Naval Invasion of Israel behind British Lines.

[​IMG]

The situation in East Africa was just as bleak for the British. Italian Forces, fresh off their victory over Ethiopia, quickly seized the French Possesions and then stormed the British Port. Attrition in this area was terrible for all forces involved, more so for the British who were then stuck with out supply in the brutal deserts of Eastern Africa. They were soon eliminated entirely.

[​IMG]

The Turks faired no better, their armies having come to the aid of the Greeks. Italian Troops were able to move unmolested through to Istanbul, eliminating Turkish troops in the process, before moving to the Turkish capital. The turks Capitulated with little fight.

[​IMG]

Mussolini then set his sights on the Bulgarians. The buggers had offered Military Access to the Greeks and Turks during the wars. Mussolini despised them for this so, with limited forces in the area, devised a plan of attack to finish off the the Bulgarians once and for all. With the aid of the SS-Totenkopf lent to them by the Germans, Italian forces quickly exacted revenge on the Bulgarians and added to their growing empire.

[​IMG]

The Italians agreed with the Germans and finished off the French completely, not installing a Vichy France. Italian forces managed to secure territory in the South of France, all the way to the Spanish Border. French Territories in Africa were then handed to the Germans, while the Germans then Liberated Flanders and Wallia in Belgium. The Italians meanwhile had liberated both Malta and Cyprus after successful naval Invasions. Italy had also annexed Iraq and Liberated Kuwait as well, and control Territories in Africa from Egypt all the way down to the borders of South Africa.

The Year? July, 1940.

[​IMG]

5. Mussolini

No time for a picture update as I leave in less then 24 hours for my new life but...

Me and Joe have done rather well. I have taken out Romania and Hungary in the Balkans. Joe launched his invasion of Britain at around the same time. His progress was slow as the British had a 60+ ship Navy (French, American, and Polish ships) and a lot of troops. I came around and invaded Northern Ireland, and then Ireland. Then i crossed over the Straits and marched into Scotland, taking everything north of Farrow and Nottingham. The British surrendered shorlty afterwards, which gave me their worldly possesions - the Falkland Islands, Novia Scotia, Caribbean Islands, Pacific Islands, Guyana in South America, and their African Colonies. Soon afterwards, I puppeted South Africa. I also took out Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and Oman and was working on the Invasion of Blegium Africa..then the game crashed for both of us :(

6. Diana Köhler

Diana Köhler Dishonorably Discharged

Awesome!!! its to bad that my laptp cannot support the HOI3 :((, nice AAR!!