Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

"The Kaiser Gets His Christmas Pudding...In The Neck!"

Discussion in 'Military History' started by GRW, Dec 23, 2014.

1. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Don't think I've seen any of these ones before. They're just so very British, aren't they?
    "A collection of First World War Christmas cards showing how a company known for its 'saucy' seaside designs turned its hand to rallying wartime spirit have been unveiled 100 years after they first hit the printing press.
    Postcard company Bamforth & Co, which was best known for its seaside characters, has shared part of their vast archive of thousands of unique designs, including cards marking Christmas during the First World War, in two new books.
    The festive prints feature First World War propaganda, messages wishing the troops on the Western Front good luck and thank you, as well as war inspired humour - such as a soldier battling a ‘tank’ in his bathroom, and the German Kaiser, William II, getting hit with a Christmas pudding.
    Like many other forms of postcard propaganda during this period, the Bamforth series of First World War cards included more than 80 cards dedicated to lampooning ‘Kaiser Bill’."
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2885482/Best-wishes-except-Kaiser-Collection-WW1-Christmas-cards-shows-company-known-saucy-seaside-designs-turned-hand-rallying-wartime-spirit.html#ixzz3MlxTxcB9

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

3. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Enjoyed that very much. Thanks to the two of youse.

4. toki2

toki2 Active Member

Poppy. Do you have Northern Irish connections? It is the only place that I have heard the word 'youse'. I always smiled when I got a card from Granny saying 'Hope youse have a Happy Christmas'

5. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Naw. Redneck hick ism.
    But, Merry Christmas to youse. And all the you'ts out there.
    Cheers, gorgeous.