Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

The Kokoda Track/Trail Campaign - New Guinea, 1942 - Information seeking...

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by Shangas, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Shangas

Shangas Member

Hoyhoy.

I totally forgot this forum existed for three months because I've been tied down with all kinds of assignments. Anyway, I have one now, on WWII, and I would like some help. You have seven days.

---

I am looking for information on the Battle of Kokoda/the Kokoda Trail/Track Campaign of WWII, which took place on the island of New Guinea in 1942, between Australian and Japanese forces, with the Japs eventually losing said battle.

I have a major research essay to write up on the following question:

How and why were the Japanese forces defeated in the Kokoda Campaign of 1942?

If anyone can suggest any good websites or books etc, which I could read, that would be a big help. The assignment guidelines indicate I need at least six different sources, and I'm not sure if I have *quite* that many, which is why I've come here.

The essay must be 2,000 words long (about four pages in length). So far, it's just over 1,000 words.

2. hucks216

hucks216 Member

Those Ragged Bloody Heroes: From The Kokoda Trail To Gona Beach 1942 by Peter Brune
    Kokoda by Peter Fitzsimons
    Bloody Buna (can't remember the author)

are three that come to mind. Just try a search on Amazon, they have quite a few. There is also a film called The 39th Batallion which is centered around the Kokoda campaign and is very good.

3. ozjohn39

ozjohn39 Member

4. ozjohn39

ozjohn39 Member

5. airborne medic

airborne medic Member

After the Battle magazine issue 137 has an article on the Kokoda trail, not that long ago, just looked at my copy just over 22 pages long so probably easier to extract info from that rather than a book.....