Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

The Last Live Music I Heard ?

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Martin Bull, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Last night great concert by Bruce Springsteen. I didn´t come to the concert area until later but 2 hrs before Concert Bruce made a 30 minute acoustic show, and later on 4 hours of concert altogether.... What a night to remember! :) This was my 4th concert by Bruce but this was absolutely fabulous. Thanx Bruce!!!

2. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Bruce or Madonna? ..lol...Easy pick. How is Madonna even relevant anymore? She caused a mini riot in France the other day. Minimum ticket price was 80E's, and she performed for 45 min .. How much was Springsteen?...Time to retire Maddy.

3. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Last week Gaga´s concert. Interesting coreography and I liked it but I do prefer the music. She herself seems to think she belongs to the category of "heavy" bands as she said in an interview that she knows Finns love heavy metal bands and thus it was obvious we were going to like her shows. Or maybe she just wanted to give something to discuss for the newspaper people. Gaga also knows how to make money as there were some 10 different tour shirts and loads of other little items to be sold.

Lady Gaga - Bad Kids - Live in Helsinki, Finland 27.08.2012 HD - YouTube

4. STURMTRUPPEN

STURMTRUPPEN Member

I Went To See Four Hardcore Punk Bands On Saturday Night And They Were Awesome It Was Well Worth The Ten Dollar Admission

5. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Looks like a nice concert spring and summer coming up. Got tickets to two Bruce Springsteen concerts in early May ( yes, I am a fan ) ;) In early June going to Rush concert. Then on July 20th Iron Maiden. Perhaps Pink in late May.

Peter Gabriel´s closest concert in Danmark in August I recall. That would be great if I could get the tickets.

6. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

We had this band called The Pink Flamingos at the Krewe of Orion Masquerade Ball on February 2nd. They are out of New Mexico or Arizona and were pretty good. The weekend before at the Spanish Town Ball the Bucktown All-Stars and Delbert McClinton performed. Not bad.

7. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

Two days ago I bought myself some tickets for The Eagles. The concert is on July 11th in Toronto -- and I have great seats. These guys don't tour much, so I'm really looking forward to it.

8. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Heard a Rolling Stones tribute band called Tricky Fingers in Edinburgh last night. Pretty good; lead singer was the spit of Jagger c.1970.
    Followed by a blues band called Jojocoke.

9. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Rush was totally excellent June 10th in Finland! The first hour was all hits from the 1980´s, my favourite period.... ;) Two weeks and get to hear Toto and the great hits again. :)

10. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

How was the concert George? That'd be 2 days ago.

11. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

On Thursday I saw the Eagles at the Air Canada Center in Toronto. The acoustics weren't the best (echo, too much bass, noisy crowd), but the band themselves were great. It started right on time and was very professionally done. On top of that, for the first time since the 70s, they were touring with Bernie Leadon (guitar/banjo on the 'Eagles', 'Desparado', 'On the Border' and 'One of These Nights' albums).

They're coming back in November, and I might buy tickets for that as well.

Poppy likes this.
  12. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Not going to big venues anymore. The traffic, crowds, cost, washroom access, gouging , etc. Small festivals now. Outdoors...Yeah.

Went to Edmonton. The traffic. The stress. Nope...Although it was less stressful than Calgary is/was.

13. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

Ten minutes ago, my boys are playing. They used to be in a band before they ran off and joined the Marine Corps. Now they're both out and getting back into their music.

14. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Toto was great with the gems " Africa" and "Rosannna! Looking forward to next weekend and Iron Maiden concert with 55,000 singing along...

15. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Can you post a clip of their music USMCP?

16. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Can you post a clip Mr Kai?

17. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Toto or Iron maiden? I guess you can check the youtube with either name and "Finland 2013" and loads of clips there. Cheers! Iron Maiden of course first clips late saturday or early Sunday this weekend.

18. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

I don't have one at present Poppy, but will try and get you one next time they play. My brother lives next door and his two sons and my two sons like to get together and JAM.

19. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Was hoping you would have a vid from your phone- taken while at the concert, Mr K... I should have been more specific.

20. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Can I request something Johnny Cash ish. Folsom Prison Blues or something.