Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

THE OFFICERS MUSSETTE BAG

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by WALT, Mar 22, 2002.

1. WALT

WALT Member

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE SMALL LOOP (1 1/2 X 4 ) IS USED FOR. I HAVE TRYED FOR A GOOD YEAR NOW TO FIND OUT, OR USE COMMON SENCE TO FIGGURE IT OUT....NO LUCK....THANKS FOR ANY INPUT...WALT

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Possible to slide their belt through it to secure it there?

3. WALT

WALT Member

THANKS FOR THE INPUT MR. EVENS...IT SOUNDS OK. THE OTHER DAY I GOT TO MESSING AROUND WITH MINE, AND FOUND THAT THE KNIFE FORK AND SPOON FIT IN THE LOOP JUST RIGHT. PERHAPS O KEEP THEM FROM RATTILING AROUND IN THE MEAT PAN?....ALSO THIRE IS A PHOTO FROM I THINK EARLY 1942, SHOWING U.S. TROOPS DISINBARKING IN AUSTRAILIA OR NEW GUNIEA,I CANT REMEMBER WHICH. THEY ARE CARRING 03'S. ALL WEAR SUN HELMETS,AND HAVE THE MUSETTE BAGS HOOKED TO THE SUSPENDERS,(OFFICER FASHION) ANYHOW, A COUPLE OF THE MEN HAVE WHAT APPEAR TO BE SMALL NEWSPAPERS OR SOMETHING SIMULAR STICKING OUT OF THE PACKS CROSS FASHION, AND PERHAPS IN THE LOOP IN QUESTION, THOUGH I DONT THINK THATS WHAT IT WAS REALLY FOR. I LIKE THE SILVERWEAR IDEA. THIRE MUST BE SOME REGULATION SOMEHERE THAT TELLS WHAT ITS PURPOSE IS....WELL LETS KEEP LOOKIN...AND AGAIN, THANKS

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hello Walt--you could be right. I cant say ay or nay as I collect only ww1 and ww2 German items.