Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

The Otto/Peppy Axis & Allies Challenge!

Discussion in 'PC and Console Simulations' started by Peppy, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Peppy

Peppy Idi Admin

I just spoke to Otto a minute ago and I'm making this post to make our 'agreement' public and official.

Background: A few student in a class I taught were obsessed with playing Axis and Allies, we had just covered the Second World War, so it became somewhat of a popular pastime for my students. One of my students brought in a copy of the game and left it in the classroom, he said it was an "old version" so he wasn't as interested in keeping it. The game sat near my desk for some time, and I spent day after day looking at Rommels face on the box, I remember mentioning to Otto that we should play sometime, and that I would kick his ass if we ever did play. He said he would play me but so far he has never come up with the time to do so. :rolleyes:

Yesterday, I came across my old copy of the game and immediately called Otto on his cell. I challenged him directly to an all-out Axis & Allies battle, I appropriately insulted his manhood and honor and he agreed to the contest and said he would play me when he "had the time." Otto you have said this before, but I want to ensure you actually play me, so I'm challenging you publicly. ;)

The rules are as follows, we play two games, I will be allied in the first game and then axis in the second. If you are fortunate enought to require a tie-breaking third game, then we shall each roll a six sided die, and the person who rolls lower selects which side he will be. We shall document this titanic battle with plenty of photos and AAR's, all posted right here on the WWII Forums. The version of Axis & Allies we will be playing is the older (and better), Milton Bradley version of the game, (the new revised version and the multitude of othe sh!tty spin-offs are crap).

With this post the gauntlet thrown! The eyes of the Rogues are upon you. Do you accept my challenge Otto?

Attached Files:

blutoubtemium likes this.
  2. Trouble

Trouble Otto's #1

Obviously my money is on Otto! You are lucky however that you decided to challenge him rather than myself. Although I have never played, I know I would kick butt. I am the current raining champion in our house for risk, all non video arcade games, flip cup, and hoops!

3. T. A. Gardner

T. A. Gardner Genuine Chief

For the right price I will sell you the devastating opening turn moves for each nation...... And, yes, there are devastativng opening turn moves for each nation.
    At most major wargame conventions back when this game first came out (and since then) the Allies were required to bid by how much they would win since the Axis loss was considered a foregone conclusion. Sort of like counter bidding in bridge (the card game for those not over 30....).

4. Peppy

Peppy Idi Admin

That's money lost Trouble! I'm pretty sure I'de beat you at flippy cup too, I've had lots of practice.

Terry, any move I make is a devastating move! ;) I'm actually familiar with the bidding system, that's why we are playing each side. Maybe we will bid if the games are close, but I don't think they will be. :v4victory:

Still no word from our vaunted Grofaz Otto I see...

5. Trouble

Trouble Otto's #1

"Flippy" cup?? That must be one of those alternative versions they play over there in Boystown. ;)

6. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Absolutely. I haven't played Axis & Allies in about 10 years, but I had a decent record. I'm looking forward to our little duel.
    :otto: :tankattack: :peppy:

7. Peppy

Peppy Idi Admin

Yes, I live in an area known for it's brilliant 'rainbows' Trouble, :D but it has not adversely effected my manhood. ;)

Our grofaz has taken the challenge! Prepare for bitter defeat my friend. :explosion1::otto::explosion2: In light of our impending battle, I've added some new Axis & Allies smilies:
    :aa_ussr: :aa_germany: :aa_uk: :aa_japan: :aa_usa:

8. Otto

After 5 hours game one is over, and the victor is....me! :D

I must admit I was a little lucky on round one, and Peppy made a strong comeback to make it interesting, but I managed to take all of Africa and then get the USSR out of the game. So score one for Otto, game two coming soon, and this time I'm Allied, which should make things a little easier. I'll post a full AAR and photos when I can.

Incidentally, there were a total of 5 WWIIF Rogues together at one time during the game! I'll post photos of this too.

9. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Congrats Otto!

I guess Peppy can feel the pressure now!

10. Otto

The second battle of the tournament was fought yesterday afternoon, and I'm pleased to say that I had the benefit of the Allied advantage and was able to win. :D That makes it two in a row and is good enough to win our little Axis & Allies challenge. :a&a-OvsP: Two AAR's and plenty of photos on the way.

11. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Woot woot! Otto is the champ!

And as peppy would say:

Peppy >>> Getting his ass handed to him!

12. Otto

:otto::_w00t:

13. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

So 2-0 it is. Now back to the training camp, Peppy!

14. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

Jesus Peppy you couldnt even get one under your belt!?!?!?

Way to let eveyone down that thought you would get at least one! :D:D:D

15. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Uh..er..I clicked the wrong button or left a hanging chad or something. I meant to vote for Otto. I would like to change my vote.

16. Jaeger

Jaeger Ace

Shocking that the Allies lost!! How big was the bid?

For the people not familiar withthe game. If you play it out of the box, there is a 92% chance for the Allies to win. Only bad dice will wreck it. There is a optional rule that makes it around 70% for the Allies to win. The third way of doing it is for the players to make a bid. The bid represents the currency in the game. The player with the lowest bid plays the axis. He buys units for his bid money and place them on the board prior to the first turn.

17. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

Hey Peppy, what students??? What do you teach?

18. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

Don't tell me they were both playing on the Allies side !? :eek:

19. Otto

Sure, sure Slipgidit. I'll remember that I can ban you from two forums now. :otto:

We didn't have bids Jaeger, we played restricted Russian attack on round one.

Believe it or not Sliniksp, Peppy is a high school teacher.

It would have been better for Peppy, he might have got a win then Za! ;)

20. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slipdigit [​IMG]
    Uh..er..I clicked the wrong button or left a hanging chad or something. I meant to vote for Otto. I would like to change my vote.

Sure, sure Slipgidit. I'll remember that I can ban you from two forums now. :otto:

I know you wouldn't do that to a country boy from Alabama!