Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

The Protocols of the Elders of Zion

Discussion in 'Concentration, Death Camps and Crimes Against Huma' started by GRW, Oct 26, 2010.

1. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

I think this infamous document has been mentioned in separate threads before, but not necessarily in the context of the Holocaust.
    It's widely blamed for helping to create the mindset which directly led to the Holocaust.
    "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion is the most notorious and widely distributed antisemitic publication of modern times. Its lies about Jews, which have been repeatedly discredited, continue to circulate today, especially on the Internet. The individuals and groups who have used the Protocols are all linked by a common purpose: to spread hatred of Jews.
    The Protocols is entirely a work of fiction, intentionally written to blame Jews for a variety of ills. Those who distribute it claim that it documents a Jewish conspiracy to dominate the world. The conspiracy and its alleged leaders, the so-called Elders of Zion, never existed. "
    Protocols of the Elders of Zion

syscom3 and ULITHI like this.
  2. ULITHI

ULITHI Ace

We had a closet Hitler sympathizer here a few months ago that gave himself away for shunning historians that discredit the book. Sheesh!

3. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

Have you read it? Not completely advisable (I did at Uni as a side-piece on Machiavelli).

Hard to approach on the Interweb, so I've stayed within the safe confines of Nizkor:
    The Protocols of the Wise Men of Zion
    Shofar FTP Archives: documents/protocols/protocols.zion
    Shofar FTP Archives: documents/protocols/maurice-joly-and-protocols
    Shofar FTP Archives: documents/protocols/protocols.001

And somewhat hesitantly, in the spirit of academic enquiry, a .pdf of the text can be found from this page:
    The Protocols of the Elders of Zion
    I agree with the Gent that wrote that website's caution ("grave misgivings" indeed), and his intention to make this nonsense available. It is at least a better intentioned source than the many other more dubious web publishings. (I see he's included some of the articles above. Seems to read like the edition I remember.):
    ~A

4. machine shop tom

machine shop tom Member

There are lot of anti-Jew idiots who parrot the tripe espoused in the Protocols without even knowing the source. They mouth it as fact, yet have never heard of the document.

There are many web sites that use the Protocols as justification and a source for their violent, anti-Jew rhetoric.

tom

5. Volga Boatman

Volga Boatman Dishonorably Discharged

The Protocols is a ruinous document. Complete and utter fabrication that it is, anyone taken in by it is foolish and impressionable.

6. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Agreed, but it still should be available to understand the mindset of those who hate, otherwise we risk having them sneek up on us. Again

7. lwd

lwd Ace

I think you are being generous. Having it available from a non anti semitic site especially as a PDF with warnings embedded seems a reasonable alternerative to having to visit some of the other sites that have it in case one wants to read it. I've only seen parts but it's much easier to ridicule if you can actually quote or reference it.

8. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

You would be surprised how many idiots still quote that crap as being "fact".

9. Vladd

Vladd Member

Isn't it widely available in print in the middle east?

10. lwd

lwd Ace

You are correct. I've run into enough of them that it shouldn't anymore but it still does.

11. efestos

efestos Member

Goebles in his diaries wrote that Adolph Hitler believed the "Protocols" were authentic. No one bothered to correct his error.