Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

The U-Boat..

Discussion in 'ETO, MTO and the Eastern Front' started by Bish OBE, Jan 31, 2002.

1. Bish OBE

Bish OBE Member

..The evolution and technical history of German submarines, by Eberhard Rossler. Just got this today from my book club. Only had a quick flick through so far, but if you interested in all the technical specs of U-boats, and their construction, it looks just the thing. It covers the period from 1914 to 1974 and includes plans of many of the bost types, as well as drawings of the construction yards in Germany. Any one else seen this one, it was originally published in German in 1974, then in English in 81.

2. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Bish :

You have landed probably THE U-boot book written. You lucky guy you ! I've seen he 1981 version and never picked it up like a fool, but as you mentioned it is tremendous in it's coverage of the variants and technological aspects along with drawings and some wonderful photos throughout. Construction shots of the U-boots while in the shipping yards, especially of the XXI.

E

3. Bish OBE

Bish OBE Member

Well, its re-printed last year, thats the edition i have. I got it from my book club.

I had a similar experince when i was about 16, young and stupid. I got a similar book on U-Boats, no idea of the title. But it was just full of techincal details and drawings, no war stories or photos of Boats in action, not interesting at all i thought, and sent it back, like a prat.

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Really !

Bish, who is the publisher if I may ask and the ISBN # ?

Thank you

Erich

5. Bish OBE

Bish OBE Member

Its published by Cassell & Co in london. There is an address for a US distributor if it helps.

Sterling Publishing Co. Inc.
    387 park Avenue South
    New York NY 1006-8810

ISBN 0-304-36120-8

Its priced at £40. Hope this helps.

6. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Bish :

Thank you my friend ! Yes, it helps quite a bit......

Erich