Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

The Waffen SS and S.D. in todays Middle East.

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by C.Evans, Sep 11, 2001.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I have heard some about the RAF. A friend of mine was living in Germany up till 1980, and he witnessed the capture of one of these terrorists.

He was living in Heidelberg at that time, and was visiting his brother who lived in, I think Weisbaden, and they were at a Markt, where the guy tried to rob the store.

The Polizei were just arriving on the scene, and told the terrorist to lay it down. Of course he refused and pulled out a switchblade and attempted to stab one of the Polizei. Well, it turned out that that was a very stupid thing to do, because the Polizei had Billyclubs, and proceeded to beat the living s**ess out of him. I think that tought him a painful lesson not to mess with the Polizei. I also agree that he got what was due him for attempting to stab that policeman.

Glad to know that that gang of terrorists are no longer in operation. Now if we could just do the same with these.

As CNN stupidly have done (again :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ) they reported that Green Berets and Army Rangers were already inside afganistan along with SAS and other British commandos. Just another stupid star for CNN--Somalia was the first stupid star I would have given to them. :mad:

2. Andreas Seidel

Andreas Seidel Member

CNN, my favourite news station... you know whenever CNN says something, I tend to believe the opposite.

Here's a cute little anecdote about CNN's accuracy:

Remember the take-over of Kabila in the Congo not so long ago? Well, during that civil war a German who was still inside the country was watching CNN to see what the situation was and saw a 'live' report from Kinshasa airport. Since he wanted to get the hell out of the country, he figured that sooner or later a plane would come in to pick the news crew up. So he sped to the airport.

No camera crew, no reporters, no nothing. He asked about them and found out that the CNN team had left for the States two days ago.

That's CNN for you.

In a way it's quite ironic that free media are no more reliable than state-controlled media.

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Andreas, I DEFINATELY agree with you 100% there [​IMG]