Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

The World of PC Madness

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Richard, Jul 20, 2006.

1. T. A. Gardner

T. A. Gardner Genuine Chief

2. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

I love the single line at the end, 'she has since been reinstated.' Right, so there were fears about the reasons the child converted, people suspected the foster mother had put pressure on her, the foster mother was taken off the register, it became clear that she hadn't put any pressure on the child, she was put back on the register, all before it got into the press. Seems pretty logical to me.

Just another bit of daily mail 'political correctness gone mad' which amounts to a sensible precaution being blown up out of all proportion.

3. Richard

Richard Expert

And God is under a cloud.
    School secretary faces sack over prayer plea after five-year-old daughter is told off for talking about God | Mail Online

Can a teacher do that? :confused:

Considering the fact they can not put a band aid on a child without ringing up the parents first.

4. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Right, the Mail makes a fuss again. The receptionist has been suspended pending allegations that she was 'for allegedly making claims against the school and staff members' not for 'practicing her religion.' I agree that the child shouldn't have been 'scolded,' though you will note there is no information about the circumstance under which it took place and I have personally experienced quite a few situations as a child when I wish a teacher had intervened to stop another child 'talking to me about god' (being informed I was going to go to hell was quite upsetting as a 5 year old).

Soooo, once again, before going nuts about political correctness take note that this is another in a string of Daily Mail articles making a fuss about stupid little situations without giving nearly enough information for anyone to make an informed decision. Surprise surprise.

5. Jaeger

Jaeger Ace

We had a case of a midwife giving an imperial rocket to a young lass for shouting "it hurts like hell!" during birth. The midwife said to the lass she would only increase the pain by calling on the devil, and should turn to God in prayer instead...

6. Richard

Richard Expert

THAT IS IT! I'VE HAD IT! :mad:

GRW likes this.
  7. Richard

Richard Expert

Time for another letter.

8. Richard

Richard Expert

9. T. A. Gardner

T. A. Gardner Genuine Chief

And people wonder why kids graduate from high school stupid and clueless. The answer is obvious: They learned it from their teachers!

C.Evans likes this.
  10. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Reminds me of the story an old workmate (and former ambulance man) used to tell. In the late '60s he had to rush a pregnant woman to hospital after a car crash, but she started giving birth just before they reached the hospital. An older staff nurse came out to assist, and told the woman to shut up saying "you weren't screaming for your mother when you got pregnant!"
    Can you imagine that happening today?!
    The other classic was when a young ambulanceman was struggling to get the tights off a female casualty and asked a nurse the best way to do it. She told him to try a couple of double Bacardis and Coke.....

11. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

But Stefan you are going to hell I thought we had already agreed on that one.

Its not a problem to me....I was raised catholic....never mind the receptionists, the teachers used to tell us on a daily basis we were all going to hell, then the Priest on Wednesday morning mass would repeat it to all of us 5 and 6 year olds, followed by him telling me dad on Friday night when he came begging for church funds, followed by once m ore in Chruch on Sunday morning, even getting thrown out with brother on one occasion for laughing...then again Monday morning when he would visit school and test us all on what robes he was wearing on Sunday....God help any 6 year old who guessed wrong and proved he didnt go to church on Sunday morning....The mail doesnt know how far we've advanced then...me old mum used to get the cane plus eternal damnation threats if she couldnt recite the stations of the cross...In Latin...

Jeez....I worship in my own way..I wish every one else would too and keep your god to yourselves....Im with telling the receptionist to keep her religion and her politics to herself. And teach her children that its rude to interfere in others lives. Each to their own.

12. Richard

Richard Expert

I am sick of these Nappie wearing wet liberal scumbags who hide behind closed doors telling me what I can and can not do.

I am going bite back where it hurts.

13. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Oh oh.....Richards going to write a letter.

Write one for me to mate...to Leicestershire NHS trust. Young 5 year old girl, has a push me pull me wheelchair...got Celebral Paulsey sp?....

Can wheel it 5 metres...this then means she is not entitled to an electric version as she exceeds the required level.

And 2 thousand 5 hundred pounds to our friendly hating beareded one would it seems go some way to helping her get one. But he's more important than her.

My liberal mask is starting to wear off...I need a dose of Kier Hardy, I must read some Kier Hardy, then again...he would have had something to say about that too...

14. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

15. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

16. Richard

Richard Expert

I see nothing wrong by having a "Allo Allo" party, after all it took the mick out of the Nazis and any way the show was a damn good laugh as well, who can forget groover and his little tank.

Another point about face book I heard on the radio was some women wrote on her blog she hates her job and the company sacked her. Plain bloody madness.

17. Richard

Richard Expert

THIS IS SO DUMB NOW I CAN SAY I HAVE SEEN IT ALL. :eek:

18. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

One has to wonder what the heck is going on behind closed Govt doors-in both of our great nations? :rolleyes:

19. Richard

Richard Expert

A bunch of wet liberals twits think this is for the better, bullcrap.

20. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Sad, but oh so true. What's on-going now-is nothing more than a liberals w#t dream.