Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Thinking of moving my Arty Lt.Col. DKiGs photo album.

Discussion in 'Other Militaria' started by C.Evans, Sep 28, 2010.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

If anyone is interested? please let me know. I dont have time to post details today but will try to do so tomorrow.

This album is missing I think only one photo, not much left of album cept for title page and the photos-many captioned.

This album belonged to an Artillerie Oberstleutnant who later commanded another Arty Regiment.

Ifd anyone is interested sight unseen? please let me know. Only serious folks on this one please.

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I am interested! pm me please.

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Skipper, done ;-0)

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

have you ID'd the unit C ? sorry, Skip can have this one though I have some Heer Art. stuff am interested in the unit the chap served in

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi E, I have his pre war unit as well as the Arty Regiment he served in during the war. I forgot to bring the info with me but will do so tomorrow ;-0) He did some major service in Russia ;-))

Forgot to mention that he is not an RKT unfortunately ;-(

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

The man whom used to own this album was an Oberstleutnant at the time--Oberstleutnant Carl (or) Karl) Broeren and this album was for his service as Batterie-Chef of 5/ Artillerie regiment 63. He became a DKiG whehn he commanded another Artillerie Regiment which I have the info of but forgot to bring that with me-dammit. :rolleyes:

Anyway, this album contyaines several VERY rare type photos in it and would almost fetch the price alone-for the entire college of photos. All photos are captioned only I cant read most of the writing. They served somewhere before being transferred to Grafenwohr sometime in 1937. Most pics are like those you would expect, pics of officers, ncos and mend oing various activities as well as several posed pics, pics of firld traiiing etx.

The rare type pics include a few of Germans with Austrian soldiers in Austrian uniforms, others include at least two great nighttime p[ics of a heavy artillery piece silhouetted against a great background of lightning strikes. These tow lightning strike photos themselves-if you decide to get them published? will fetch you up to about $500 per photo. I would think about having this done had nobody already expressed interest in these photos.

Anyway, all photos are present, the one that was thought missing-well, it aint. I found it stuck behind another photo and when the seller I bought it from had this description listed on his site-well, he apparently didnt see the photo. I would not have sen it either had I not decided to slowly go through the entire album with occasionally checking the backs of any pics I could for writing. Several have writing but I cant make anythiong out as I would have to rip the pics out to see what is said.

Anyway, this album IS complete and IS definately without a doubt-confirmed as to having belonged to a DKiG. I checked the book and as the description from the seller stated, that this was an album to an Oberstleutnant who got the DKiG. He did nto get the RK as I already checked. Anyway, there was only 1 man at his rank with his last name-that got the DKiG. As well, only one man listed with his last name and listed as being in the Artillery.

7. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

got your pm Carl. I am still interested and confirm my option. I'll try to answer you uwhen I have time. I also have to answer Kai for another trade

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Skipper, will do and, I cant remember if I posted it to you or not but, there is a total of 105 photos.

Ill get the DKiG info to you when I get back here on Saturday ;-)) I HATE being so damned forgetful. ;-))

9. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

although this looks like a set and done deal with Skip am still interested as to whom the individual is an the war time Regiment/Abteilung he was involved in once the war got started, so we await Cars return for that. C ~ is this a 10.5cm unit or heavier ?

Alles gut !

10. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi E, i left the info on your answering machine yesrterday and dont know if it all took but, here is the skiff on the oberstleutnant.

At the time of his getting the DKiG, he was commanding A.R Stab z.b.V 792 and his award date was: April 25 1942. Apparently he was a very highly decorated Artillery officer in WWI. At least one pic-with him on hiorseback, shows him wearing quite a "rack" on his tunic.

11. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

This item is now sold. My extreme gratitude goes to the Gentleman who bought this from me.