Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

This guy can be my pilot anytime!

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Devilsadvocate, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Devilsadvocate

Devilsadvocate Ace

2. Mibo

Mibo Member

You do realize that that is not real, do you? :D

3. Lias_Co_Pilot

Lias_Co_Pilot Member

Lia is only 4'10"

She told me that in Airborne School, she was always first out of the plane because of her size. Once, some guy landed on her canopy and it collapsed. She dropped onto another guy's canopy and then collected up her canopy. She threw it up and it caught the wind and she finished her jump without incident.

The airport she flies out of (Hooks) doesn't have the best runway. The airport is surrounded by tall trees, necessitating a steep descent, instead of a regular glide path. There have been a few accidents because of that.

4. Devilsadvocate

Devilsadvocate Ace

Done with mirrors, is it?

5. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

'RUNNNNNN...'

See now I'd love to know how they would fake that, maybe it was part of the act or something. That said, the main evidence against it being real is that there are no news reports online, at least one paper would have made a big deal of this!

6. Devilsadvocate

Devilsadvocate Ace

I don't know whether it's "real" or not. I'm not so sure that the news media would make that much of it; depends on where it happened, and the news volume that day. Since, apparently, no one got hurt, the media could easily ignore the incident.

Anyway, if it's not "real", I want to know how they did it; trick photography? Using models? Mirrors? Until someone explains that, I have to assume it's "real"

7. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

I don't know if that video is a real or fake, but it has apparently been done with a F-15 bought by Israel. Here is a link to a <shudder> History channel episode <shudder> that covered it.
    Israeli Pilot Land Saftly With One Wing - Video

8. Devilsadvocate

Devilsadvocate Ace

I've seen the F-15 video sequence before and I'm sure that wasn't faked, so I know it can be done. My only question is, if the video clip I posted was faked, how was it done?

I'm inclined to think it was real, either as a deliberate stunt, or an accident with fortuitous results.

9. Joe

Joe Ace

When he landed it looked suspiciously like a model.

10. James777

James777 Member

It does at times look like a remote control plane , when it lands we dont see the side missing the wing.
    Dunno ....

11. Lippert

Lippert Member

There has been an American F-15 that has landed with one wing. I suspect it has a lot to do with the flight control logic and the design of the aircraft.

DA - Video clip you posted was computer generated.

12. Devilsadvocate

Devilsadvocate Ace

Yes, we do. It's the right wing missing and that's the side we see when he lands, then, after slowing down, he turns the plane so that the left rear side is toward the camera. I don't think it's a model because there is no apparent "cut" between when the plane lands and the last scene where the pilot opens the canopy.

It may still be a fake, but if it is, it's a damn good one....not done with a model.

13. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

The video is cgi (computer generated), and not a real aircraft. It's a fake, albeit a very good fake.

14. GPRegt

GPRegt Member

The camera person has the right idea with a low level shot, when the aircraft lands, to give the impression it's full-size. However, it's just not neat enough to not see the aircraft is a model. Nice idea, though!

Steve W.

15. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

still very entertaining and I enjoyed it