1,222 graves: 986 British, 2 New Zealanders, 1 Canadian, 1 Australian, 232 German. Shortly after the Landings, fighting took place around Tilly-sur-Seulles. Mainly 49th, 50th and 7th Armoured Divisions (British) were involved. Tilly was not liberated until 18th June, following violent clashes which were to continue until mid-July 1944. The cemetery lies near the road in open country behind a hedge of trimmed Beech not far from the centre of Tilly. Across the entire width on either side of the Cross, stand two porches flanked by 'jardinières' with creeping coniferous shrubs. Beyond are pergolas, their pillars entwined with Wisteria, Honeysuckle, Clematis, and Virginia creeper. At each end is a semi-circular stone bench surrounded by a close-clipped hedge. At the foot of the headstones numbers of red yellow and pink Roses are mixed with the perennials.