Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Todays Germany needs to reconcile?

Discussion in 'WWII Today' started by Kruska, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Mehar

Mehar Ace

So because their way of life was different they are inferior? Kingdoms are to the eyes of the beholder, even if they did have kingdoms, would that have stopped the Europeans from trying to take over? They had nothing to trade, are you sure about that? North American tribes didn't have writing either, writings especially by the "Black Robe" were seen as evil things. Yet without the help of the native population, the "white man" couldn't survive more than 5 minutes in the new lands they visited. The tribes didn't have alcohol with them either, it was brought over by the Europeans who, watered it down, and then traded it for native goods.

How many Europeans then could speak more than one language? Heck, how many today can speak more than one language let alone read and write a single language properly? My friends who live in Australia tell me a lot of the preserved reservations for the native populations, wildlife, etc is in itself pretty useless so even if someone wanted a better life their was only so much they could do.

Your views on the world are very one sided.

Tomcat likes this.
  2. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

And don't forget Quigley, down under....

3. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

I love that movie....Laura San Giacomo in a corset....grrr baby very grrr!

4. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Oh yeah, gotta get that one on Netflix now....

5. Heinrich

Heinrich Member

Running a modern state in todays form is dealing with the voice of the majority .
    Simple count says 22mil to 0,5mil ..a little error in our democratic system wich will always keeps minorities political mouthdead . Maybe the story would have sounded better if the Aborigines would have agreed to the democratic system by choice but this was never the case as the land was simply taken and populated .
    In the abo sense theres no means to an economy at al , you stated that also .
    That abo way of life in a modern society is troublesome I can relate too but its not something for a non aborigine to judge as they lived that way long before the new majority came already, fromoff their 'dreamtime' at least 8000 years back .

But now say one day there will be a Aborigine historian who'll starts comparing the whole settling of westerners in the same light Hitlers lebensraum politics were driven . How will Aussi's answer be to that?
    I think you can compare it to that seen from their eyes .Remember Germans also talking of untermenschen who were drunk all the time and good for nothing in the east and they had a much better use for their land ?? Strange parallel here.
    The fact so many have no means of support and are obvious alcoholprone shows how big the neglect of them as a group was/is . In over two hundred years of settling they gained nothing ..only lost a lot . So yea i do think your gouvernment has a moral responsibility to them . A big one even .

A thing that wonders me is how 14billion dollar can be spent by any gouvernment without any successes and without repercussions ? Is that a case of mismanagement ?
    Just looked at Larrakia nations site and see its all about healthcare ,transport ,arts and rangers services and family support ? These are all one way developement projects ,one cant expect to gain 14 billion back selling handmade dreamcatchers ?? Doubt if they are supposed/expected to make revenues from these programs really , if thats the case its a great mistake your country ever started it. On the other hand knowing how big aussi is then 14billion isnt even that bad in 14 years , Amsterdam is spending about the same on making just a small underground metro line from one side of the city to the other . Its costly , but supporting indigenous people can only end when one day you'll find them in all walks of society , even in the highest positions ..if thats not the case yet theres stil a long way of developing to go .

Holland ..in a comparison :
    We do give all our immigrants all the tools they need for making it in our system. (subsidized)
    Those newcoming who dont comply you can refuse stay ..but its the second generation that is born and bred here ,bearing a Dutch passport . (and thus bearing the same rights ) . You cant deport them , and as theyre not held back on by education can't further school them either.. Society cant allow them playing their game also as its damaging the people to the bone who in turn accepted many crazy rules stopping/hindering those who've got nothin to do with these problems of integrating , but for anti discrimination laws one cant just stop moroccans ..So those with mixed marriages are in between wall and ship now . And that situation might even get worse soon too.

In a way were the aborigines of Holland ,as our values and morals are seen as garbage by first descendants of those who only came here recently ..as guests ..and the Dutch arent swallowing that ,can tell you that much ...
    Today's electionsday here for city councils and the country is holding its breath for what the outcome will be. It will propably on the news in many countries as soon as votes are counted and the outcome is known.

A bit less serious about the women VB ..
    many will become hippos when aging lol I know Brigitte Bardot isnt dutch but however beautifull she once was ,waking up next to her now would be nightmare :)
    Marrying a maori lady wasnt a bad choice at all ! Strong and proud people .
    Can only say Im jealous of the location you are in now ..for now my wife and me are still tied to Holland but as soon we can we're back to the Laotian Thai border area where her family is from to be living like Thai again , away from all the crazy dollhouse politics here . Discussing things is nice ,but this stuff is so seriously messing up my life here ill be glad to leave as soon as possible ...and not to return hopefully.

6. PizzaDevil

PizzaDevil Member

PVV = Partij voor de vrijheid.

7. Kruska

Kruska Member

Hello PizzaDevil;

Why do you post this again? I had already answered you with:
    Partei fuer Volks Verdummung ?
    For our english speakers party for keeping people stupid

This party is headed by one man who doesn't even allow members (cite; partymembers are not allowed in order to prevent those from missusing the party for own interests) - as such He the partyowner decides solely - this is a classic example of an extreme dictatorship.

Who on earth with an education want's to be represented by a Dictator??

Regards
    Kruska

8. PizzaDevil

PizzaDevil Member

9. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Sounds like a new thread Gromit801....

10. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

Firstly Volga, tone down the attacks and insinuations keep the discussion calm and controlled or it will end up like the other one, closed.

Now If you want to be technical about who owns the land's that get occupied you could argue that every country in the world is owned by someone else, Indians and the Americans, Belgium and the French, or you could go back further and say Italy and the Roman empire should own all of Europe.

Regardless of whether they had no nation to speak of, they were still on the land first and thus own the land, and they were invaded by european's and were forced to surrender or be killed, imperialism at its worst. The native Aboriginals still have there traditions and beliefs, such as the dream time, and after all it was the Australian Government in the not to distant past that caused the stolen generation and tore the aboriginal families apart, should the government not apologize for that?

The Aboriginals of Australia, yes, have a bad reputation for be 'dole bludgers' but to categorize ever native Australian in that fashion is just ridiculous. I personally have known many Aboriginals both personally and professionally and in both sense they were some of the best workers, in fact it was the European Australians that were actually more lazy.

I think most of the comments made on Australia are actually fairly accurate.

A-58 and C.Evans like this.
  11. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

Thread moved to WW2 Today.

12. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Wow...Im impressed....Seriously.

13. formerjughead

It's going right over their heads

14. Hilts

Hilts Member

Is it 90% of all Germans have been born since the war? What should they apologise for?

It's like me needing to apologise for England's part in the slave trade. You gotta be kidding! If it happened before I was born it's s*d all to do with me!

urqh likes this.
  15. Kruska

Kruska Member

Well, my two cents worth on this one:

Japanese are Asian's, and Asian individuals usually never admit openly to a mistake or wrongdoing on behalf of their society. This is what makes it nearly impossible to ask Japans government to openly justify its history in contra to European or American practice of openly discussing issues of their society that might not be in ones own personal, individual favor.
    Due to this, most Japanese - especially those born between 1935 and 1960 are not aware or sure about the "content of truth" of historical issues that are forwarded by the victims - since their government and society has never openly admitted to having done anything wrong.
    As such the Japanese society which regards itself as an extremely closed unit tends to see themselves victims of a war that was placed upon them in order to safeguard the Japanese civilization.
    It is only via outside publications, newsreports, nowadays Internet, and by the nature of globalization and its aspects of international personified contacts, that a large portion of the individual Japanese start to get a picture about what has never been openly admitted to by their society or by their government.
    So in regards to Japan it is the government and the mindset toward their society that is to blame rather then the individual Japanese citizen that seems to be unwilling in the eyes of us Westerners to recognize his countries historical wrongdoings - which actually they are not when talked to eye to eye - as individuals.

And individuals usually do not pay up billions, and individual Japanese do not speak or appologize in the name of their society.

Regards
    Kruska

Karma likes this.
  16. Volga Boatman

Volga Boatman Dishonorably Discharged

I began my posts by congratulating modern Germany for it's reconcilliation and rebuilding, and damning the Russian government for doing considerably less than this, (apart from erecting memorials)
    Touchy German posters were quick to jump down my throat, declaring that they had nothing to be sorry for.
    One poster took me to task over Australia's record with Aborigines....alike to comparing apples and oranges. I used the same justifications, saying that I was not born when these wrongs were perpetrated, but I am collectively responsible for the fallout.

So, through the 'touchiness' of nice German posters, I now find myself being damned for accusing Germany of one thing or another! Incredible....Symptomatic, too, of CONSCIENCE.

WW2 casts a LOOOOONG shadow......

17. Hilts

Hilts Member

A bloke who chooses not to receive PMs.............:confused:

Why? Maybe you can't take the flack? Have a view. Take a stand but take any flack too eh?

and actually, I applaud your position......but grow some balls eh?

18. formerjughead

IS this what you are referencing when you say you are being "taken to task" ? and was it my reply to this statement which caused your consternation?:

19. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Jugs is just pointing out that no country on the face of the earth is without their darker sides of history. That's the way that I took it, and maybe other Rogues did too. We in the US have more than our share of sordid transgressions in our past, but we teach them in schools, not sweep them under the carpet of pretend that they didn't happen. Some even get made into movies and billions of dollars are made off the stories, with nothing going to the exploited peoples in question. Insult to injury is what that's called I believe. Anyway, no need to get bent out of shape over this. What happened happened. We're all here to learn, aren't we? Can't we all just get along????

20. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hey Volga-what do you think about me giving FG my 34 reps and a :salute: for this post?

It appears to me that your starting to trade sour grapes for sour apples on this one ol boy. Sorry but, your attempted stab didn't work on me either. Ta ta.