Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Towns with Barbed wire

Discussion in 'WWII General' started by oukeea, Mar 19, 2020.

1. oukeea

oukeea New Member

Hello,

I am new to the forum looking for help and I was hoping I might get it with so many enthusiasts here. I am searching for any information on cities, towns and villages that might have been surrounded by barbed wire during the war. My research shows that it was mostly something that the Italians did. One quite well documented example is Ljubljana, Slovenia. I have now found out that there were other places in Slovenia under Italian occupation that were also surrounded by barbed wire, such as Idrija with its mercury mine. This is the one place, where the Germans further fortified the town after Italy capitulated.
    Aside from ghettos in Eastern Europe, were there any other places that were wired in such a way? Especially in the Italian occupied territories: Albania, Greece, Libya, Ethiopia?

Thank you all!!!

2. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

To my knowledge only city/harbour invaded was Cherbourg. Not any else during the war. That is why the convoys for Allied forces were created. So the others were very wqell defended with everythng.