Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Tujunga, California 91042-2731

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by hhbooker2, Aug 3, 2007.

1. hhbooker2

hhbooker2 Member

"GREETINGS & SALUTATIONS!" I am (Major) Herbert Hillary Booker II, A.A., B.A., M.A., but go by my nickname of "SARGE." I am an underage veteran of the Army of the United States, enlisted at 16 in the 1950s and served at Camp Casey, Korea with the 31st Infantry Regiment of the 7th Infantry Division. Served in the 118th Infantry Regiment of the 30th Infantry Division at North Charleston, South Carolkina in the South Carolina Army National Guard. Also served in the Maryland Naval Militia in Baltimore and later in the California State Military Reserve in Southern California and now with the American Volunteer Reserve which performs finals honours for veterans as an unpaid public service, I am the Photographer for the 9th Brigade and the 4th Battalion at the Veterans Administration in Van Nuys, California. I am a grandfather of three grandsons and a granddaughter, twice married, once widowed. My wife is Enery Hodge-Ruiz of Culebra, Puerto Rico, born 20 October 1945, while I was born in the Village of Wauwatosa, Wisconsin on 20 October 1942. I have a 37 year old son from my prior marriage and a 27 year old daughter from the present marriage. I collect insignia, worldwide, of course and focus on collecting booklets, books, brochures, ink blotters, leaflets, magazines, pamphlets, etc. that show pictures and photographs of insignia and uniforms, past and present, worldwide and I scan same to CDs and trade or give them away. I have over 6,000 images of insignia on Webshots.com under: Clovis_the_Cat, EneryHodge, HHBooker2, and HHBooker2 and you are free to download and use those pictures from my photo albums for free however and wherevr you wish to do so! Nothing I have is copyright, all is public domain and I share with all! Clovis Lee Booker 2nd is the name of my male orange tabby! I do not sell anything, either I trade or donate insignia to others, but I do go on eBay and bid and buy and then scan pictures and either give the original booklets back to the eBay sellers or others, sometimes to libraries and museums like the NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER at the Washington, D.C.'s Navy Yard. I try to answer messages in a timely manner, but do take a nap during the day as I have Type II diabetis and my blood sugar levels sometimes rise, but I do not get irritable, just sleepy! I scanned over 3,500 pages of a series of 13 books on the Air Corps, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Merchant Marfine, Navy, etc., published between 1941 and 1945. I havfe also scanned many booklets from Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, England, France, Germany, etc., not just the U.S.A.! Please feel free to write and if you can do so, photograph your insignia or scan it, lovce to get pics! Tanks for reading these many words! Respectfully yours, Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California (hhbooker2@yahoo.com):eek:

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Sarge, the honors go to you for my 11,000th posting here. I also wanted to give you my thanks for finding time to get here. These guys here will take to you like flies to a suger cake. ;-))

PS, having problems replying to your PM to me--I think it has a set limitation on it. Best regards--C.