Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Turning to this community for help

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Hummel, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Hummel

Hummel Member

Greetings all,
    As some/many may remember, my wife Susan had a series of hip surgeries a couple of years ago. We've learned recently that Susan suffers from a life-long condition called Nesidioblastosis. It's a moderately horrific condition that results in the sudden and precipitous drop in her blood glucose level. On New Year's Eve, she was washing some silverware when her blood glucose level went down to about 15 or so -- normal is around 100. She had a seizure, blacked out, went rigid, and fell, like a plank of wood, backwards onto the kitchen floor. She broke her skull on the kitchen floor (we have a floor type called pebble-tek) -- see the picture attached of the 7 staples in her head. The MRI and x-ray showed no serious damage to her skull, thank the Gods. Unfortunately, what we JUST learned is that, on the way to the floor, she hit her right jaw on something. She broke four teeth below the gum line, all of which must come out and be replaced. The dental bill is US$4500.00. We HAVE medical insurance, but it won't cover dental bills -- that $4500 is the bill AFTER the under $300 our insurance will pay. I am asking, shamelessly I admit, EVERYONE I've ever had contact with to help us. If you can't help us, it's okay. I KNOW times are really tough, but I would ask that you pass along this request to other people you may know. Some folks give $5.00. One woman donated $500! Anything will help, I promise, and while I'm unemployed and can't pay it back -- at least not now/not until I get a job, I WILL pay it forward when I can and how I can.
    The link to the GoFundMe fundraiser is:

http://www.gofundme.com/6oc5rk

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    Sincerely,
    Hummel
    aka
    Lawrence Thompson

2. sonofacameron

sonofacameron Member

Thank god for the much maligned British NHS.!!!!

3. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Warning to all. Do not turn this into a political discussion.

lwd likes this.