Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

UK Armed forces and vetrans day.

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by urqh, May 12, 2013.

1. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Kendusimmus and blutoubtemium like this.
  2. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

I'm not going, but it sounds like a good time. Let us know how it goes.

3. urqh

View attachment 18960 Got my invite to the marquee....got female company...got a new car...got a great picture...Army, Navy, Air Force...once a soldier...always a soldier...

Attached Files:

4. LRusso216

Which one is you?

5. urqh

View attachment 18966 The one sitting at home with a cup of rosy lee...or tea to our colonial friends....Bit past that mate...But I'd be there like a shot again if they ever need a 53 year old war pensioner cripple on a stick...I'm sure one day, they'll realise they need me back....just waiting by the phone...

On that subject...any Brits...who this month see this badge on a guy or gals lapel...do the Un British thing...and just say hello...thats all..no gushing...we are British after all..but a quick passing hello might go down wanders...

Attached Files:

GRW likes this.
  6. urqh

Yesterday, all local authorities will have raised the Armed forces and vets day flag on their county and town halls...To all Brit vets..get yer badges out...wear em with pride...

And on the day..there are many small and a few large parades...but one to look out for is the vetrans march in Woolwich..brought together by the death of our Drummer serving soldier..A million vets march..it wont get that number..but the Union Jack Club in London is full to brimming with vets turning up..pity is on the same day...They aim to claim those streets back and show the British public the vets of this nation still have a voice. The police, news and rest are playing it down for obvious reasons...its not political..no edl...they';ll be pushed off the streets if they even think of attending...no politics except to shout at the politicians..a private invited facebook site is up and the banter has been flowing merrilly...no rivalry...no them and us...just us..they'll march as one body..because vets are one body...You might see them on news..my guess is they will be ignored intentionaly because of where it is. I'd be surprised if this march does not attract more vets than any of the armed forces day parades...The word is out. the vets who march are marching for all vets. Wearing t shirts with pics of some of us that can't march with them..but march they will...

Rules for the Non-Military
    Make sure you read #10
    Dear Civilians,
    We know that the current state of affairs in our great country has many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military...

For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas where we would like your assistance:

1. The next time you see any adults talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem- kick their arse.

2. When you witness, firsthand, someone burning the British Flag in protest - kick their arse.

3. Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make Britain great. Then hold them down while a disabled veteran kicks their arse.

4. If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing dress uniforms or combats, telling others that you used to be ‘SAS’. Collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay when you were seven years old, now, it will only make you look stupid and get your arse kicked.

5. Next time you come across an *Air Force* member, do not ask them, 'Do you fly a jet?' Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an arse-kicking (children are exempt).

6. Next time the Union Jack passes by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. This includes arrogant politicians who think someone may be offended. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her - of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe arse-kicking.

7. 'Flyboy' (*Air Force*),'Grunt' (*Army*), 'Squid' (*Navy*), etc., are terms of endearment we soldiers, sailors & airmen use describing each other. We have also earned the right to 'take the mick' out of other units. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use or abuse them. Using them could get your arse kicked.

8. Last, but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends, please remember that there are literally thousands of soldiers, sailors and airmen far from home wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get its arse kicked.

9. It's the Veteran, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the press.
    It's the Veteran, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    It's the Veteran, not the community organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    It's the Military who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

AND
    ONE LAST THING:
    If you have read this, and not shared it - guess what - you deserve to get your arse kicked!

7. LRusso216

Sounds very impressive. Do you have pictures, or is that worth an arse-kicking, too?

8. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

Grunt?
    Squid?
    This is a cut & paste from some septic chain email, with 'arse' carefully photo-shopped over 'ass'.

And if I see someone burning the flag.
    It's their flag, silly sods have paid for it.

Hand on my heart for the Union Flag?
    Get to F. I'm not an American.

Love & kisses,
    ~A

Owen and Otto like this.
  9. urqh

I'm sending your name to them...Poopy...Yes it indeed looks yankee...I've never heard of squid...grunt we do pongo...squid is jack Tar...I've never seen anyone holding hand on heart for the Union Jack..a few Unionists in Ulster do but thats about it..Burning the flag..I've done myself...but it looks good...You can't share it on a forum anyway...Still...It has a meaning in parts.

The site is actually better than aarse..the above is not a good example of the folk on there...they are all time served comedians of all ranks and units. Comedians being the optimum word...It probably is yank as the members sometimes invite the odd yank with links to Brit forces on.

But its not for the squeamish...and the girls are worse than the blokes for humour. No aggression though like aarse....

Would you believe I even got posts binned for having a go at a present army Drill instructor who was so far up his own bottom he could not take old style telling off...and left in despair...

Its not life Jim but its definately Internet...forces internet...civies would be horrified by the humour.

10. urqh

View attachment 19016 Group of vets went on a bimble to a deceased colleague in Woolwich yesterday...nothing to do with armed forces day...Just a gang of vets orginising themselves to walk a dead gunners route for him.

Per Ardua Ad Astra.

And nothing on the news..

Vets from all 3 services met up in London Saturday night had a Naafi break and walked his route on Sunday. Locals unaware it was happening..no one was aware..Buses stopped..all clapping..families out in the sun found an impromptu unorganised parade taking place and loved it...

Well done to all the admin team on I'm ex forces not a civilian..

Attached Files:

11. urqh

12. urqh

13. Totenkopf

Totenkopf אוּרִיאֵל

Regardless of how worried public policy in Britain might be about offending everyone, you've all got salutes from Canada. We've never forgot mother Britain and all she has done in our past, especially last June, Canadians haven't forgot the Brits who died during the war of 1812 protecting us from our lovable Yankee brethren.

:salute:

urqh likes this.
  14. urqh

That lot had nothing to do with armed forces day by the way...That was just an expression by British Vets that Woolwich streets can be walked by the military past and present and sod the politics and any hangers on.

I didn't make Nottingham..new lady had a dog rescue day sprung on us...And for first time ever..in a sunny park..two people came up to me and thanked me..Never ever before..has anyone ever even bothered to ask what the badge is for...Humbled and urqh went quiet for once...

15. LRusso216

I think I'd have paid good money (dollars, pounds, euros, whatever) to see that.

Anyway, good on the vets for remembering their comrades.

16. urqh

Lou...that vets march was for RA gunner recently executed in Woolwich street...The vets paraded down the last route he walked when he was executed. They finished his walk for him.

17. LRusso216

I read about that incident. Nice of them to finish the walk.

18. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Very nice assembly and gesture here. Thanks for the photos urqh.

Seen that thing about all the arse kicking before, it came out around the time of Obama's first run for warlord. The mention of "community organizer" is a direct jab at him.

Agree with von Poop on the flag burning thing. People get very riled up about it, which is why people decide to do it in the first place. I would do it myself, but I don't give a second thought to anyone who does decide to do it.

19. urqh

Quick before Von Poop sees it....He was of course a fusileer not RA...which is why the navy stood back for once and let his regiment march in front of them as a one off...Well I was still suffering when I posted..

20. urqh

One last one...you should bear with this to the end...

No Royal British Legion, no Ssafa...No service orginisations...just a bunch of old farts on a bimble to Woolwich...No politicians..everyone's had their say.

These folk waited for them all to get out of their way...And before the Saturday Evening..none of them knew each other..

The Fusileer has a 2 minute silence on 12 July...I'd ask all vetrans where ever you are to just stop pay reverence to one of our own.

Let the normals walk on by.

http://youtu.be/N6hrvgh36Zg