Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

unit names changing to english

Discussion in 'Hearts of Iron' started by muffin, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Colonel FOG

Colonel FOG Member

FYI: The greatest insult the Japanese inflicted on the high-ranking POW officers at Karenko (present day Hualien Taiwan) Camp was to make them heard goats.
    Never Forgotton :: Karenko POW Camp

This is still a WW2 thread, yes?

2. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Of course its a ww2 thread. I wouldnt do anything else. Typical though. Officers take it as an insult but in UK encourage airmen to lead the things round on leads. Why is or was it an insult to them but not to us lowly beings? I would point out though that if I was a prisoner of the Japanese...with their associated reputation....I'd gladly tend the goat..Milk...Even opportunity to mate em if more than one...All the milk would
    not make it to the Japanese table thats for sure...But if its above the officer corps...so be it...My goat is RAF trained by the way.

Lou I'm very tetched by your response. Glad as always of your support...Queen tells me you can expect a promotion soon to LT.Col...And change of job...Space preliminary school of education...You will be interogating our alien friends it seems...Nanoo nanoo...

3. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

Your comment about " Even opportunity to mate em if more than one", reminded me about a guy I worked with years ago. He was a cook in WW2 and they were the care-takers of the Mules. He had a few "Tall Tales" to tell ( at least I hope they were exaggerations) and we would usually end up rolling on the floor after listening. Which wasn't pretty because I worked in a factory mechanics shop and there was a lot of oil and dirt on the floor!

4. Clementine

Clementine Member

Hmmmmmm.....I'm not sure. I may be busy with, um, intercommunication purposes. I am not sure exactly what all that entails, but it sounds a bit more promising than cooking. (I just hope I don't have to communicate with the goats.) Hopefully there's some fast food on Mars, just in case. It's probably where Sonic Burger got its start.

5. Colonel FOG

Colonel FOG Member

"Oh MY! Darlin'... Any time for some extracommunication after I finish assigning KP duty to a few underlings to assist you? I know a nice little spot on the USMA promenade overlooking the Hudson. Perfect for some PDA... Hoo-Rah Hoo-Rah! Good training, Sir!

6. phylo_roadking

phylo_roadking Member

I'm Lost :confused: (....In Space)

7. urqh

Clementine....Can you just show Otto what the problem is here please mate.
    No rush...The fleet has half an hour before its hit on the ground...Cheers old girl.

8. Colonel FOG

Colonel FOG Member

Let's see... the manual says, "To diffuse the situation, cut the blue wire first, followed by green, yellow, red, and black."
    Hmm... no mention of white wires.
    Are you SURE this thing was made in the Soviet Union?

9. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

It is okay to cut the red wire, just don't go pushing the red one.

Daffy

10. Victor Gomez

Victor Gomez Ace

To get things off your accepted tetched normalcy----I decided this morsel that has gone viral should be shared from the Great State of Michigan although it has only a perpendicular connection to the subjects you have endeavored to cover here....Tim Adams, Rita Daniels Mugshot Photos Released in Buick Arrest no sheep or mules were harmed by these two and if they had only invested in Ghetto smoke tint for the Regal's windows they would be home-sober by now.:rolleyes:

11. urqh

Certainly wouldnt happen in Splidigits command Victor. I have just photocopied, fleet orders section 778/B Astrospatial joint procedures manual held on Pentagon controller defence communications network Allied command procedures manual 4B. And I quote...the introduction of females aboard Spatial ww2 forum command vehicles of the fleet shall be closely monitored by fleet welfare and education officers. Whilst in space all staff shall keep one foot on the floor. Anti Gravity emergency manouveres excepted for the duration of any short notice tacking bagtle turns.
    I am currently photocopying Cheese sandwich cutting instructions for rehabilitation room after battle injuries...Once I have finished that we are ready to go...I have 5 thousand sheets of paper for all to read and sign before scrambling. Could all
    staff, troops and pets please book a convinent time to peruse and sign. Without this staff work, battle would be impossible...Well so Slip tells me...I think he's just trying to find work for idle hands....As if I dont have enough to do with the goat.

12. urqh

Alien manual handling file. All need to sign please.

13. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Okay, we have to establish a standard here. At what age does a female no longer qualify as a "chick?" I know that "cougar" fits in there somewhere, but Tim's (with the poor eye-sight) consenting partner just does not jive with my view of established proper cougar traits, nor does "chick" seem to be my first thought.

This beaut comes to immediately to mind, though, when casting my gaze upon dear Rita.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. gunbunnyb/3/75FA

gunbunnyb/3/75FA Member

to be honest, i be tinkin y'all done had to much of that kentucky stump water.

15. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

None of this has anything to do with the original request, but I like it anyway.

BTW, I'm looking forward to the promotion and the new posting.

16. Colonel FOG

Colonel FOG Member

Have rec'd, read, and consumed the "Astrospatial joint procedures manual" distributed by our very 'spatial' leadership; inform all troops: it tasted better than both the cheese sandwich and my 70s-era MRE (with Wrigley's!).
    Likewise, am alerting all to be on watch for arrival one "H R Puffinstuff"!
    Prior to its disintegrating completely within this forum, our Military Intelligence last reported HRP is armed (with a witch's broom) and dangerous (employs 3rd level psychological warfare tactics); recognition features include howling like a lonely Tomcat under a full Moon.
    Warning: HRP may be in company of one purple Barney, or multiple clones thereof.
    Requesting Otto's permission to alert "The Captain" that Mr. Green Jeans is now MIA, and we are running short on ping-pong balls.
    Will use Morsed-based Q-code only for all future transmissions (have a GMC Powerglide available for back-up transmission, if needed).

17. Clementine

Clementine Member

I think moonshine is definitely appropriate here. I just happen to have some. Now I know why I'm along for the ride. :D

18. Colonel FOG

Colonel FOG Member

19. urqh

There was an original post? Lou, I thought this was a continuation of the posts on Slipdigits war and war in the forest of last year in quill and ink...You mean I'm rambling on again??? By the way...Has anyone managed to get the help desk this morning? The engines are on fire on the launch platform...I think its just a passing problem, but I did see Sionkisp with a can of petrol filling up his cigarette lighter he said...I'm sure its a minor setback, but helpdesk are not in yet...Does anyone know the out of hours number?

20. urqh

I'm A bit worried about this too...Is this normal Clementine? Did you knock anything when you fell off the stool last night with that moonshine supplement you had to take last night???