Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

USMC Museum

Discussion in 'Military History' started by Owen, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Owen

Owen O

Half Track, GRW and OpanaPointer like this.
  2. R Leonard

R Leonard Member

Jeez, but 100 miles away.

3. Half Track

Half Track Active Member

I was there about two years ago with my neighbor who put 25 years (E-9) in the Corps. There are actually four Marines within six homes from me. My neighbor knows a lot of people in the Corps and is a member of the East Coast Drill Instructors Assoc. He had two tours in Vietnam. His friend who is a retired tour guide from the museum and Iwo Jima (he brought me back volcanic ash from the beach in a bottle) gave us a personal tour. At the time, the new addition was just in the planing stages. We ate in the restaurant there and visited the gift shop where I bought a new U.S. Navy garden flag for in front of my house. Chambersburg is a little over two hours to the museum.
    They did it right when they built that one. The best military museum I have ever visited. An absolutely awesome experience that you will never forget. When he goes down again I may just ask to tag along.
    Your photos are very nice.

Owen likes this.
  4. Owen

Owen O

Hopefully we'll be able to come back over in a few years time & see the new wing finished. We were able to get a view from the balcony of the new displays being constructed. Then the story will be up to date.
    One of the guides said he hopes we dont have many more wars as there will be nowhere to put stuff.

Half Track likes this.
  5. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member Patron   WW2|ORG Editor

Who reads the signs to the Marines that visit?

:p

Half Track likes this.