Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

USS Nautilus (SSN-571)

Discussion in 'Non-World War 2 History' started by Half Track, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Half Track

Half Track Well-Known Member

I did not know where else to put this, assuming that it would fall in this category.
    I received this as a Christmas gift, a framed and matted photo of the Nautilus with a certificate of authenticity with the autograph of Captain Eugene Wilkinson who was the first commander of the sub and pioneered the nuclear sub era after she was commissioned in September of 1954. It also has his signature at the bottom of the photo. The autograph on the certificate that came attached to the back of the frame looks to be an original but that remains to be seen I suppose.
    But I was very pleased with the quality of the wood and the matting and the size of the frame and how the photo was taken. The add for it said, “own a piece of history.” I already had the patch which is like the one worn by her crew.
    There is always that reflection unfortunately, when taking a photo of something under glass. Sort of a shame for it to hang in my garage, but the house afforded no place appropriate to hang it. I have other Navy prints and posters there. It’s a clean garage. DEC02E3F-7DDC-45F4-9DF1-CEDD49F74D5D.jpeg

Kai-Petri likes this.
  2. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Great Xmas there!

Half Track likes this.
  3. Half Track

Half Track Well-Known Member

Thank you