Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

USS Razerback

Discussion in 'Atlantic Naval Conflict' started by Timothy, Jun 9, 2003.

1. Timothy

Timothy Member

The USS Razerback was a US sub in WWII. It was one of the 12 subs that were in Tokyo Bay during the Japanessee surrender. It is the only one of the 12 remaining. After the war it was sold to the Turkey navy.

A few months ago some of the original crew bought it back. Sometime within the next year the USS Razerback will be sent someplace to Arizonia where it will become a museum boat.

2. TA152

TA152 Ace

Did they say how they would get the sub to Arizonia ??

I would think they would have to chop it to pieces to get it on enough trucks to get it to Arizonia. :eek:

3. Timothy

Timothy Member

They are going to sail it there. They will have a crew of half Turkish sailers and half of the original crew.

They will sail it to the Gulf and take it up the Mississippi. From there, there will be enough rivers to take it to Arizonia.

4. Herr Kaleun

Herr Kaleun Member

Are you absolutely sure about the proposed route?

From your description, it is impossible for it to travel via riverways. Arizona and the Mississippi River are on opposite sides of the continental divide.

5. Timothy

Timothy Member

The person that I heard this from was almost certain that this was the route. He sid there was a possiablity that they would come in somewhere up north but he didn't know where. He said it was most likely from the south. But he could be wrong.

6. TA152

TA152 Ace

That sub better have wheels on it because there is no river in that direction or area.
    They may go up the Gulf of California but it would still leave them short of Arizona by 100 miles approx. :(

7. daft

daft Member

I know this thread is a little old now, but I believe the Razorback will make its way to Arkansas, not Arizona.