Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Valtteri Bottas to race for Alfa Romeo in F1 2022

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by Kai-Petri, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Updated 12:45 September 6 2021. After much speculation and intrigue Valtteri Bottas confirmed that he will be leaving the Mercedes-AMG F1 team at the end of 2021 and joining Alfa Romeo. The Finn had been racing for the Brackley-based German team since 2017, after replacing outgoing champion Nico Rosberg, but failed to fully challenge team-mate Sir Lewis Hamilton as the Briton went on to extend his tally of F1 titles from three to seven.

Half Track likes this.
  2. Half Track

Half Track Well-Known Member

I really can’t speak in detail, but I hope he can be successful with them. They need a competitive car, not that Kimi didn’t try. As far as Antonio, what does his future with Alfa Romeo hold?

3. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Well, at least Valtteri brings the know-how of Mercedes to Alfa Romeo. Unfortunately the racing cars change tremedously for the next season. Anyway, we know Valtteri was always the second driver for the Mercedes. Anyone would have been. Interesting to see if Max wins this season as Mercedes has been a bit poor in performance and in Holland Hamilton complained Max was too fast for him. The tyres, engine or the whole car??

Half Track likes this.
  4. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Every once in a while, a Formula 1 driver comes along who from a very early stage in his career leaves no doubt whatsoever that he is a rare and special talent.

George Russell, who is joining Mercedes next year as Lewis Hamilton's team-mate, is one of those drivers.

Last year, before he made his comeback with Alpine this season, double world champion Fernando Alonso was asked which of the younger generation of drivers had most impressed him while he had been watching from the sidelines.

"George Russell is the one that surprises me every weekend," Alonso said. "How he's driving the Williams. Zero mistakes. I'm really surprised about his natural speed."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/58457633

Half Track likes this.