Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Waffen ss pocket knife - authentic?

Discussion in 'Small Arms and Edged Weapons' started by Robert Watson, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Robert Watson

Robert Watson Member

Im looking at a waffen ss pocket knife and have found one.
    The owner supposedly made the purchase awhile ago at an auction. This knife has also been looked over by historians and what not but i think ill leave it to you guys to say whats what. Also how much would a piece like this go for?

i understand this is not a price it forum but im wanting to know the overall value on the market before i fork out a small fortune for something that hasnt much of a worth.

Thanks again and i shall definatley introduce myself in the introductory section once i have something worth saying about myself.

2. jagdpanther44

jagdpanther44 Battlefield wanderer

Hi Robert and welcome to the forum.

It seems you know already about how we feel on here about giving valuations - so I'm puzzled that you have bothered to ask???

formerjughead likes this.
  3. Robert Watson

Robert Watson Member

4. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

Google "Nazi Pocket Knife" and your questions will be answered

5. Richie B

Richie B Member

Robert

Total fantasy piece - save your money

Regards

Richie

6. colletorww2

colletorww2 Ace

1970's fantasy knife, it is also said that they were owned by SS Paratroopers.

7. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

A piece of c**p - probably Russki. You can pick them up for 10 Euros or less.

But hey - Australia must be the place to offload dodgy militaria ! :eek:

8. Robert Watson

Robert Watson Member

Indeed it is mate. We are all a bunch of common nasty hustlers. :rolleyes:
    Thanks all.

jagdpanther44 - Well it was worth a try mate. Ill refrain from asking in future, just thought someone would be able to give me a range as im new to collecting.
    I understand it to be wrong to put a value on something from the past. These antiques are invaluable considering what they have done and where they have come from.
    My mistake.

9. Martin Bull

Anything at all with 'SS' in big letters is very suspect : any 'historians' who had checked this over must be very gullible indeed. The e-bay description would lead me to believe that the seller may well be the type of person you've described.....

Edged weapons of any kind from the Third Reich are almost as much of a minefield as decorations & medals : I'd recommend doing a lot of in-depth research before being tempted to buy anything ........

10. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

You should see the "ss" compass I saw last week . It was for sale for almost 400 euros, had a reversed Swastika on it and the cardinals signs said "E" like East instead of "Ost"...... It would have been a joke if some aren't falling in those traps over and over again and loose their money while encouraging crooks. If you allow me to give you some advice I'd concentrate on a field that is less known by collectors. This is how I got a genuine 1942 LVF diary (sold around Christmas like the Winterhilfe tinnies)

11. jagdpanther44

jagdpanther44 Battlefield wanderer

I appreciate your understanding in what I have said about giving valuations. So many other people before you have done the same thing and are then never seen here again.

Anything with the SS runes on it always makes me very suspicious of it authenticity. As Martin has said, do your homework before purchasing as it could save you a fortune.

12. Robert Watson

Robert Watson Member

Well be assured mate, Im here to stay and im hoping to be able to bring something to the table here on the forums.
    Im starting to collect thought im still off from getting my first real antique (If i may call them so).

Take care all and keep up the sterling work on the forums.

13. Martin Bull

Appreciate it must be difficult to collect in Australia : I'd guess there aren't that many militaria dealers or shows to attend or visit. But really, unless you know and can trust the seller, e-bay is absolutely a nightmare to buy genuine militaria from as you've seen from your experiences. Perhaps it may be better to contact reputed online dealers ( although even that isn't easy ).

14. Glenn Smith

Glenn Smith New Member

15. Martin Bull

Another fantasy item, IMO. 15 Euros at a street market.

16. gtblackwell

gtblackwell Well-Known Member Patron  

It does not have enough runes nor swastikas on it to be authentic nor Heidrick Himmler's personal signature.....and at least some dried blood...